Latest threads in Plumbing Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

pex pipe question
House is plumbed with pex pipe. I want to modify the bathroom layout. The pex is terminated with 1/2 copper tubing 6" long. Can I solder a 1/2"fitting on tubing without damaging the pex/copper joint?...
2
2

Problem with sink drain
When kitchen sink - at least half full, is drained, the water backs up in to a sink in the basement. There is no problem if I run the kitchen faucet without stopping the drain. The kitchen sink is...
2
2

Pressure balanced shower valve hammering
We did a bathroom remodel a couple of years ago. At the time the contractor had a problem with a knocking in the shower wall behind the shower valve whenever any other water faucet was closed. A call...
4
4

Repairing a broken drain line
This is for a home in Catawba County, North Carolina.... We have had a roto-rooter dude run his camera up a terra cotta drain = pipe and saw that there is a break about 15-ft inside the concrete =...
9
9

expansion vessel needs repressurised?
Hello, How can you tell if the expansion vessel needs repressurised? What are the tell tail signs? Thanks

Vokera Syntesi 25
Do i need to drain the system to test the pressure in the Expansion Vessel on this boiler? I believe i have to drain the system if the Expansion Vessel needs pumped up can anybody clarify

Case 4000
I'm looking for a white replacement seat for a Case 4000 water closet. The hinges are 10.5 inches on center. Any help? Doug Kirk
1
1

Bathtub will not stop dripping.
1. I do not know what I am talking about. 2. I am a so-so DIY'er. (Do-it-yourself'er) My bathtub has been leaking for the longest time. My first attempt at fixing it was to: 1. Turn off the water. 2....
6
6

Dual flush toilet noise
Just had a dual flush toilet fitted all works OK. BUT, there is a loud clonk noise as the valve shuts off at the end of the short flush. After the long flush there is hardly any noise. My sister has a...

Bath & Sink Waste Pipe
Could someone please tell me what is right or wrong. I have just fitted a complete new soil stack and bathroom suite. At the moment the only thing connected to the soil stack is the toilet. I now have...
4
4

Kosovo
Well Boys, I've been offline for a little while. Just thought I'd check in and tell you that we're moving to Kosovo on Tuesday. We'll live there two years. I'll send a report about Eastern European...
1
1

Toilet problem
I have a split-entry ranch home, which means that the ground floor varies from ground level to about 3 feet below ground level. Ever since I installed a toilet on the ground level on an existing waste...
5
5

Kohler Bathroom Faucet Leak
Hello, This Kohler faucet was put into my home in 1972 when it was built. It has two handles about on 10 inch centers and a swivel spout. It goes with a rather large sink which was designed to bath...
1
1

Sewage in basement trap
I recently had my basement sewer lines replaced. The original line had an s-trap in the basement and the cap for the trap had a bell on it that covered the trap. The new line has what they called a...
1
1

Prob: removing stem on tub shower
I am trying to replace the washer in a leaking faucet on the tub. I used a cheap deep socket I picked up at the local hware store, but I can't get the stem to budge using a counter clockwise direction...
1
1