Latest threads in Plumbing Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Removing gas valves
I need to have a gas pipe cut that protrudes from the wall. Besides = shutting off and bleeding the gas line, are there any guidelines to = follow? (I am hiring a plumber to do this but would like to...
5
5

Why is there air in my kitchen pipes?
About a month or so ago I noticed that sometimes when I turn on the water in the kitchen I get that popping noise that indicates air in the pipes. Happens for both hot and cold. Doesn't happen...
3
3

Anything I can pour into water heater that will dissolve deposits?
Is there anything I can pour into a water heater that will dissolve mineral deposits and definitely not damage anything inside the tank? Hopefuly something that will work in a somewhat diluted...
26
26

Pipe cutter
What do you think about this new pipe cutter? http://www.t-drill.com/Pipe-Cutter.html
1
1

Peerless Kitchen Faucet
I have a 9 year old Peerless kitchen sink faucet. It is a single handle similar to Model P10 on there website. has teak wood on the top middle knob and on the end of the handle. There is a sprayer in...
1
1

Toilet
I maintain a few apartments. One tenant says that after use of the toilet the contents will not flush..and the bowl fills and overflows unless he plunges right away the it swallows normally. Plumber...
4
4

Toilet clogs frequently
I know this has been discussed before, and I've done a lot of reading about this problem and some troubleshooting. I'm almost ready to throw the toilets out and buy new ones. I've been in the house...
9
9

Plumbing Question about Trap Adapters
I am installing a laundry sink in my basement next to my waste ejector. There is a existing 2 inch pvc vertical pipe which drains into the ejector. I would like to tee into this and connect to my sink...

sewer gas
I hope that someone here can give me advise. We can smell sewer gas outside our house. Well, I am not sure if this is our problem or the neighours. The house is build on slap and I can't find any...
1
1

New Pipe Cutter
Up until now a square cut on a pipe or tube was tough to come by. Now, with the new PCS 8+ or the PCS 14 it is easy, fast and safe. Whether it is any of the plastics to include C-900, copper, cast...

Banging pipes
Hi - I have a pressurised domestic boiler system that seemed to be working fine before I had a house extension and several radiators added. The diverter valve failed once and was replaced and after...

commercial dishwasher question
restaurant rehab project, comercial dishwasher has been replaced. There is no floor sink in the immediate area, it appears the old one was draining into a sub-floor grease trap 1-1/2" inlet. The new...

Plumbers Needed
Hi Guys We need good reliable plumbers, you can advertise your business free on our site. All we ask is that you provide us with one review from one off your many satisfied customers. Come and take a...
2
2

Strange behavior with the toilet
Hello, I have an older toilet. A few years ago, I changed all the parts inside the tank. It has worked fine since then. Until now. Lately, it has an odd pattern. I flush the toilet. The tank and bowl...
15
15

Slip lining a drain pipe
Can anyone recommend a brand of slip liner for residential? I would = like to contact them and find out if they can recommend a plumber who = uses their stuff in my area. I checked with Amerik...
3
3