Subject Author Posted Replies

Need Info on Kerosun DC-90 Kerosene Heater
Anyone like this heater? I have a radiant heater made by another company that I can't use because of the odor, and I have tried all the remedies. Toyotomi says this heater has much lower emissions. I...

Hardwood on stairs URGENT
Hello all- We are currently having maple hardwood installed. It was going to go up the stairs as well but after removing the carpet on the stairs it was determined that it would not be possible to put...
4
4

insulating existing finished basement
Hello all, I purchased a home a year ago. Half the basement id finished and is used as a rec room. I had to cut a hole in the drywall to investigate a pipe. I noticed that there is no insulation iside...

Cleaning pool furniture
Does any one have a good suggestion for cleaning the gray "grunge" off of white PVC pool furniture? Thanks, Boden
9
9

need to pull out one glue-together board
I am installing floating flooring. One board I put was not quite in position and the edges are chipped away which is very ugly. It's an engineering wood and 7' long by 3/4' wide. Is it worth the...

My TV is broke... sometimes
I have a Hitachi 27" TV that I bought about 8 years ago. About 3 years ago I came home, turned it on and all I saw was a white line across the screen. The sound was perfect. It was about 2 days after...
8
8

Need to Get Rid of Bees in the Basement
Hi -- Yesterday i went down stairs and i saw lot of bees in the basement. I am not sure how they are coming into basement. Is there a hole in my foundattion? i am not sure.. Who should i call some...
10
10

Home Heating Question
I'm wondering how long it takes for your home to heat up. On a normal 35 degree day - if you put up your thermostat 2 degrees how long does your burner run before it shuts down. My burner runs for...
6
6

Natural Gas to LP stove
What is required to service a stove which used natural gas and must now use LP?
3
3

Hanging a chandelier
I just hung a chandelier. My understanding is that the smooth side of the chandelier wire is black/hot, and the ribbed side is neutral. Well, I read this online AFTER I first wired it. I did get...
4
4

Sewer Back-Up: Lateral Pipe or Vent Stack?
I had some back up into a shower stall and toilet in the basement. I had a plumber snake the sewer line and he told me it was full of roots, that I should hit it with the root eating chemicals which I...
9
9

Fixing screw holes in wood
I've been fixing mauled screw holes in wood stuff for years by mixing some wood shavings and sawdust with a little carpenter's glue, filling the hole, allowing to dry and drilling a pilot hole before...
14
14

Craftsman Portable 2-gal Compressor
Is the Craftsman Portable 2-gal Compressor a good buy? It has a maximum of 125 PSI.

Shower Installation Ques.
Hi In the process of having a 3 piece shower installed . The base and 2 side walls have been installed, the rest is a glass enclosure with door (still to be put on). I noticed that the base is not...
2
2

Insulating a fireplace stack
I probably have the terminolgy wrong. I have a fireplace that has a metal stack/exaust encased in paneling The fireplace stack isnt insulated very well. When prying back the wood surround/paneling...
1
1