Reply to
RBM

I don't like #3 -- it exposes more wire to a possible cut in the future. IMHO, go for minimum buried wire.

#1 and #2 are OK, but both expose you to a chance of water ingress through the hole in the basement wall.

I'd go at it somewhat differently -- bring the wire up out of the trench outside the house (still in conduit, of course), then into the basement a bit above the sill plate. Paint the conduit to match the house, and you'll never know it's there.

Reply to
Andy Hill

#3 Dan

Reply to
Dan Deckert

Will the conduit across the basement be running with the joists or across the joist? In either case run the conduit up the outside wall and in above ground level. If you can keep the conduit up in a joist channel you should do so. If possible avoid cutting through the sill plate. The portion of the conduit that you run indoors should be metallic so that it will not contribute deadly fumes to the interior of the home during a fire or electrical fault.

Reply to
HorneTD

Maybe you should consider schedule 80 UPVC. Check local code.

Reply to
Borg hater

#3 - its in conduit, perfectly safe....

Borg hater wrote: