Window that you can see out but not see in

replying to MiamiCuse, Diane Enfinger wrote: The tinting does this but what your talking about doesn't show you inside at night I believe...thanks for this question cuz i M building new & wondering same thing...
How about brighter lights outside than inside.
As far as I know there is no such thing as directional glass.
When you reduce the transmission of light by tinting or mirroring, you favo r the bright side.
Say 25% of light passes through. Outside is bright, call it 100 on some sc ale. 25 will come through for the occupant to see. Inside is dark, call i t 10 on some scale. 2.5 will go through for the passerby. Tint it to any percentage you want and adjust the light.
The answer to this one is a camera. Mount an inexpensive rear camera from the autoparts store with a screen inside, frost or tint the window however you want.
On Monday, December 12, 2016 at 10:51:25 AM UTC-5, TimR wrote:

vor the bright side.

scale. 25 will come through for the occupant to see. Inside is dark, call it 10 on some scale. 2.5 will go through for the passerby. Tint it to an y percentage you want and adjust the light.

m the autoparts store with a screen inside, frost or tint the window howeve r you want.
Even though the OP is from 2007, I'll jump in and ask...
Are you suggesting that MiamiCuse watch a TV monitor while (s)he showers?
"...that window...looks into a planter area with hanging orchids and other plants...a very nice view.
For that reason I would like to be able to see out even while taking a shower..."
Most of the "one-way" glass that I have seen does allow someone outside to look in, depending on the light. However, I know the technology is there for a price. There is an expensive hotel in Hong Kong that has a restaurant on an upper floor; from the restaurant, there is what appears to be a mirror on one wall; the other side of that wall is the men's room, and you can see right into the restaurant while using a urinal, in case someone tries to steal your food, I guess. From the level of construction and decoration in that hotel, I suspect the glass was quite expensive.