"V" Track Sliding Door Rollers? H-E-L-P!!!

I'm trying to refurbish my mom's 32 year-old ranch home. The sliding closet doors all used what's called "v track" aluminum plates to hang the doors/rollers from. This v track won't accommodate the "U"-shaped rollers you can buy at HD and Lowe's, etc.

I contacted the leading sliding door hardware manufacturer who claims they never even made v track in the offset I need (1/2").

So if anyone anywhere in the world knows where I can find 1/2" offset, v track replacement rollers, I'd be egg-streemly grateful to hear from you.

Reply to
tioga0630

I am not really sure of what your talking about. Try these folks

I have purchased a lot of hardware from them over the years. They are a few miles away so that does have something to do with it.

Web page is very simplistic. Most all pdf files. They do ship all over the US and are friendly and ready to help.

Reply to
SQLit

not sure its what you require, but take a look at:

scroll down to Product Code 23-155, described as a: " Closet door roller with a 1/2" offset with a 7/8" concave wheel"

--reed

Reply to
Reed

Try Maintenance Warehouse, 1-800-431-3000. I have an older catalog in hand, volume 39, and item #832725 SEEMS to be a 7/8" V roller with a 1/2" offset, bracket slotted with 2 slots at 45 degrees for adjustment. Described as a rear wardrobe roller. I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, check for yourself, but maybe by calling them, they might can help. Their catalog is 1180 pages of repair parts for homes, motels, and institutional buildings. They have a LOT of the hard to find stuff everyone here seems to be asking about relative to replacement parts for the items installed in a home. They sell the INDIVIDUAL parts and pieces. No affiliation.

RJ

Reply to
Backlash

Dang, apparently Maintenance Warehouse has been rolled over into Home Depot Supply. Here's the link.

RJ

Backlash

I have a couple with a 1/2" offset shown in my

catalog. Their online site is the pits but they offer a wide selection and quick shipping.

Are the existing rollers a round wheel or are they concave (like a flat tire on a car) ?

If you want to post or email me (remove the obvious) a picture I will compare it to the printed catalog. Pictures are best taken at about a 45 degree angle to the part for better detail.

Or if you aren't in a hurry just order your own catalog from the website.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Maybe these folks can help:

Full catalog isn't online, so order the paper catalog or call.

Reply to
Luke

SQLit, Reed, Backlash, Luke, and as always Colbyt, thanks for the URLs. The "v tracks" seem to be the oldest type of roller; they are neither round nor like a flat tire. The only way I can describe them is like a tire that comes to a point, literally a "V" rather than a "U."

Anyhoo, I'll look up each of the catalog/sites you all offered and hope for the best, 'cause springing for upward of $100 to replace aluminum plates just because of these tiny rollers gets me sick to the stomach.

Reply to
tioga0630