Unclog Mr Coffee Café Barista: Effect of white vine gar on coffee grounds/oil buildup?

Looks similar to the one I got at Harbor Freight for less than $10 I think. I'm sure there are online resources she could use to identify the screwhead that she has. Might even be torx, which are readily available.

Reply to
trader_4

Thanks for that, it is probably one of the three at the lower right that isnt a torx. I have a full set and it is nowhere near the shape. (I think I recognise the circular one from the intercooler cover on nmy car's engine!)

Reply to
Amanda Ripanykhazova

I like the 3 inch length of these ones - for the deeply recessed places ..

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Read the on-line manual. Really simple. If you use tap water regularly, every 80 shots you need to de-lime. Pour the water out of the reservoir, fill 1/3 with WHITE vinegar. Put portafilter on with no coffee in it. Rinse the milk container. Place on unit. Turn knob to clean. Switch unit to ON. Put empty container where the cup goes. Hold Latte/Clean button for 3 seconds or until it begins cleaning. Repeat about 5 times. Run expresso about 5 times. You may need to switch unit on/off to recycle the buttons. After doing this, rinse water reservoir. Fill 1/2 way with clean water. Run through all the coffee cycles to get the vinegar out. When you no longer smell vinegar, you are done. Never put bleach into the machine. It is a poison.

Reply to
tedstacylawoffice

Yeah, bleach is so poisonous that in an emergency when you're not sure if water is contaminated, health authorities recommend adding a small amount of bleach to water before you drink it. Not recommending anyone put bleach in an espresso machine, but that's because it's not effective, not that it's poison. As far as descaling, citric acid is better than vinegar, no smell, it's what's in the pro cleaning stuff.

Reply to
trader_4

Looks like "tamper proof" Torx to me. The hole is for the pin in your screws.

Microwaves have those fasteners too.

Reply to
TimR