I concur. There isn't a *check valve* that will seal tight enough and still open under the pressure from a dryer blower. BTDT.

Reply to
RayV

#1 it can blow the exhaust including heat moisture and lint into the other dryer

#2 If you would turn on both dryers at the same time the vent would not properly handle the volume.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

My cheap boss once tried this with rest room exhaust vents - the men fouled the ladies' room and vice versa.

Reply to
PanHandler

Big family? I recently toured a model home and they had two of everything in it, 2 dishwashers (the theory being one dishwasher could have clean dishes, and one could have dirty dishes so the family wouldn't have to unload before loading) two washing machines (no sorting clothes whites and colors), two dryers (to get laundry done quickly), etc. Seems like a bit much to me, but it's whatever a person wants I guess.

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

Yeah...but which one smeller worse???

Reply to
jtees4

Even I can answer that. It is always the other one.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I am into redundancy. I have 2 washers, 2 dryers, and next kitchen remodel 2 dishwashers. Have spare satellite dish all wired up on my home. ZERO NITE swap cables and sit back and relax. Have 2 vans too.

Unless you have the bucks for everything brand new, or replace on a moments notice redundant things make for much less stress

2 washers and dryers speed up laundry a LOT. although ideally it would be 2 washers and 4 dryers, since it takes twice as long to dry clothes as wash them
Reply to
hallerb

Do you wear a belt AND suspenders also? :-)

Reply to
PanHandler

I have a couple times:)

Hey when any single item breaks its no big deal...

Did have BOTH dryers break the same nite once, for different reasons.

I fix most stuff myself so its nice to not have to hurry!

Reply to
hallerb

You are a true paradox ;-) You don't like to hurry yet you would like to have 4 driers to do laundry faster. Hope your house has 2 floors :)

Reply to
PipeDown

I repair office machines for a living my life is hurrying for others. Whenm my junk breaks I dont want to have to hurry

I have 3 identical electric chainsaws bought at flea markets about 10 bucks each. When a saw has a problem like hit nail I just swap saws and keep going:)

I have hoover elite vacuums, all identical buy at flea markets garage sales, 10 bucks or less each. I canibalize for parts and keep 2 running at all times one on each floor....

hoover parts are expensive, buy sweepers cheap parts.

I guess I could just buy new every time something breaks but dont believe in tossing good stuff, and this way saves lots of money

I do admit I dont like spending lots of time doing laundry, multiple machines helps thats a lot

Reply to
hallerb

Just kidding, Kinda reminds me of Norm Abram (TOH) who has a cordless driver for each drill bit

Reply to
PipeDown

Funny. I don't think I would really worry that much if my washer or dryer broke. I can easily last a week without running either and if things really get bad there is the Laundromat.

I do have two dishwashers. If I can't do it Rita does. We even have a double sink. I suppose if the sink really went bad I could use the bath tub.

Life is an adventure, don't try to take the excitement out of it. Live on the edge. Get rid of half you stuff and I'll bet you will spend less total time fixing it. Remember that much of what caused problems happens based on age not use. That means you are going to have twice the number of old hoses going, twice the number of rust repairs etc.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

It's definitely good to have at least two drills, one to drill the holes and one to drive the screws. Even I have that.

One bought at Sears, a long time ago. One given to me by the clerk at Black and Decker, after the guy who brought it in didn't want to pay for repair. I had it repaired 15 minutes after I got home, by adding another washer on the armature. And one I found lying in the grass at a street corner.

Oh, yeah, I have 6 lawnmowers, but after two were fixed, I couldn't get the energy or spend even 20 dollars in parts to fix the others. And I can't manage to give them away, because no one wants them if they don't work.

Reply to
mm

I try to avoid buying 2 identical washers or dryers at the same time, it spreads the cost and avoids everything dying together.

Reply to
hallerb

Sure. One is a backup.

Reply to
Steve Kraus

Well, I actually did do what you're thinking of. When running one dryer, a lot of exhaust got blown into the second dryer. There was a flap that looked like it would block the exhaust from entering the other dryer, but, it didn't block nearly enough. That caused enough condensation that it leaked out of the second dryer and onto the floor. All that condensation corroded the rollers on the second dryer, and one day they just froze up.

mrsgator88

You don't need 2 dryers. But, many loads (like towels) take a lot longer to dry than to wash. So it just speeds up the whole process.

mrsgator88