The very strange reporting of liberal newspapers

From the LA Times:

"Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, told the nation's president Thursday that some of the six world powers were not to be trusted to implement the nuclear deal they reached this week with Iran..

He did not say which of those nations - the United States, Britain, France, Germany, Russia and China -- he was referring to. He has often expressed distrust of the U.S. and its motives."

He has often expressed distrust? Good grief. He's called for death to America, as recently as a few months ago.What a bunch of dishonest skunks. Of course if it were the Tea Party or Republicans that the LA Times was talking about, why then they wouldn't choose such kind and totally illogical words.

Reply to
trader_4

Funniest thing I heard today is that someone thought Obama should get another Nobel peace prize for this ;)

Reply to
Frank

Not that I side with the terrorist nutjobs but I don't trust our lying/cheating/flip-floppin' politicians either.

Reply to
Rachael Madcow

Khamenie published the letter on his website. He refrained from pointing the finger at any nation. Those agitators at the LA Times should not have speculated.

Since 2005, Khamenei has used his moral authority to oppose Iran's nuclear weapons program, saying it was against Islam.

In 1980, our friend Saddam attacked Iran, hoping to become the supreme power in the gulf. Iran bombed a nuclear facility to stop Saddam from developing a nuclear bomb. France immediately repaired the facility. Then Israel bombed it.

The UN Security Council called for a ceasefire, but in fact the UK was the only member that didn't supply arms. The US, Russia, and France armed Saddam. China, North Korea,Libya, Syria, and Japan, with the assistance of Oliver North, armed Iran with less significant weapons.

In March of 1986, the Security Council issued a statement that members were profoundly concerned that Iraq was using chemical weapons, in violation of the Geneva Protocol of 1925. The US was the only member to vote against it. The US and its allies supplied Saddam with the chemicals to make the weapons. Besides making gas his main weapon against Iranian troops, Saddam would gas Iranian civilians as experiments. He gassed Kurds, and Reagan continued to supply his poison gas program.

The one-sided gas war eventually forced the Iranians to accept the terms of the dictator who had attacked them. The experience must have left many in Iran with the conviction that a nuclear arsenal was necessary and justified, but Khamenie was still opposed.

If he said not all those involved in the deal were to be trusted, I don't hold it against him.

Reply to
J Burns

The point isn't that the Khamenei said that he doesn't trust some of the countries involved in the deal. The point is that the libs at the LA Times characterized Khamenei as having "often expressed distrust of the US and it's motives. How nice. I mean, what's wrong with these libs? He's called for "death to America", even while the nuclear negotiations were going on. Do you hold that against him? THAT is his real position, the libs are just sugar coating it, instead of telling the truth.

Reply to
trader_4

Freedom of speech. When my nephews visited, they'd rush in the door all excited, asking where I was because they were going to kill me. Their rhetoric and their intentions were two different things.

Khamenie is cut from different cloth than Reagan. Khamenie never helped malicious people make poison gas.

In the days of the Shah, an Iranian at college repelled me because he looked bitter and withdrawn. More than once, I heard him mutter, "Immigrants!"

One day I asked what he meant. He said, "People trying to be somebody they aren't."

I thought, "These Iranians are okay!" He summed up my own alienation as a Vietnam veteran. America was all about advertising and education, instilling the ambition to pretend to be somebody else.

Alienation doesn't necessarily entail malice.

Reply to
J Burns