The saga of the wooden San Jose Schools BATHROOM PASS continues

It gets their attention. That should be all that's needed.

Reply to
krw

You can spank children and not beat them. If you had ever had children you would know that sometime a pop on the bottom is the only way to get their attention. Discipline must be consistently applied, and ALL people in a position to give discipline, must work to basically the same standard. ie per Theodore_Roosevelt "Speak softly and carry a big stick"

Though children quickly understand that grandpa has slightly different standards of performance than dad. The same applies in all situations the child is place. They are intelligent creature, understand the environment, and what is permissibly in that environment. Otherwise, you would not get the Alien Abduction Syndrome when you let your kids go with someone else. (Alien Abduction Syndrome: The child who has been a terror all afternoon, but later when when a friend's mom returns him, she tells what a perfect child you have)

The problem comes about when you have a parent that thinks the the teacher, the police, and every one else in the world are out to get them. So they think that whenever anything happens to THEIR child, someone is discriminating against or picking on THEIR child.

Reply to
knuttle

The local high school has a single person restroom in each classroom. Problem, solved.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Parents dumping defective kids on the school system.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

knuttle wrote, on Thu, 30 Oct 2014 19:24:10 -0400:

I was wondering why all the teachers commented that my kids were wonderful to know in class.

I had wondered if they had mine mixed up with someone elses'. Now I know what happened.

The aliens did it!

Reply to
Danny D.

When I was a kid, the only classrooms with bathrooms were kindergarten classrooms. I guess it does make sense that they all would now.

Reply to
krw

It's a lot less disruption to the class. I saw them during the last hurricane, when the building was used as a shelter for the disabled and senior citizens.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

CA is noted for the liberal left leaning culture. Very possible the entire school system is run on self esteem, and fragile feelings, instead of old fashioned tried and true.

- . Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

When I was a kid, schools didn't have bathrooms. At home, my mother made us bathe every week.

Reply to
J Burns

Stormin Mormon wrote, on Fri, 31 Oct 2014 08:52:10 -0400:

Does anyone here have high school kids? Would you ask *them* what they use for a bathroom pass? I'd be interested in the results.

Reply to
Danny D.

Less interruption? How so? When we were in high school (long before) there were no "bathroom passes". Classes were 50 minutes with 10 minutes between. Young adults were expected to be potty trained.

Reply to
krw

OK, Abe. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Wait for the class to get over, then skip the next.

Reply to
krw

By letting them get up and use it quickly without interrupting the class to ask for the pass and the time it took to return it. Some people have medical problems, and the need arises without much warning.

We had five minutes between classes. Then the principal retired. His replacement cut it to three minutes between classes and turned off the bells even though the clock system needed a lot of work. It turned into a real mess when hundreds of kids were sent to the principal's office for being tardy for each class. The teachers used whatever their watch said, and no two were the same.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

*Exceedingly* few high school students have such problems. There are ways to deal with those few. IOW, a red herring.

Your principal and the entire faculty, in fact, were morons. Maybe they were just ahead of their time. It also must have been a very small high school.

Reply to
krw

1400
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Now I remember. Starting around 7th grade, my schools did have bathrooms. No tubs, just communal showers. It was compulsory to bathe together twice a week.

Reply to
J Burns

Our school had a Western Union clock system governed by a grandfather clock in the office. Occasionally we'd see classroom clocks jump because the principal was adjusting the grandfather clock.

I believed in punctuality, being neither late nor early. I'd generally reach my desk 10 seconds before the bell. All we had at home was a 3" electric clock on the stove. That couldn't be read precisely, so I relied on my internal clock.

Sometimes on a Monday morning I'd be 10 seconds late instead of 10 seconds early. I couldn't reset my internal clock on the principal's whim, so I'd be 10 seconds late every day. By Friday, teachers would be complaining about my continuing presence in detention. The principal would fix his clock and Monday the school would be back in sync with me.

He could have saved detention teachers a lot of unpleasantness if he'd checked with me or the Naval Observatory before tampering with the grandfather clock.

Reply to
J Burns

krw wrote, on Fri, 31 Oct 2014 19:00:31 -0400:

San Jose high school classes are an hour and 45 minutes long, which is double your class periods. On Mondays, they're very short. About an hour.

Reply to
Danny D.

Sound creepy. Anyone take pictures?

Reply to