The new phonebooks are here!!!!

This morning in front of my house there was a new three- to four-inch thick yellow pages phone book and a couple of smaller regional books in a big plastic bag. This arrival didn't include the huge white pages book and the other versions that will be arriving shortly from other phonebook providers.

I use a phone book maybe one or twice a year---and this may be a stretch.

Mercellus Bohren

I like to Google for phone numbers myself. I can't read the print in the phone book anymore. I have a shortcut to Google maps with my zip code.

I wish people would post their phone number on the front page of their web site instead of hiding it. They have a web page but they don't want phone calls or emails.

Reply to
Terry

I haven't hidden it ANYWHERE on my web site. It's NOT THERE at all.

Is that a problem?

My _real_ name is only barely "munged" above. With only a little typing, you can find my phone number and probably my blood type, hat size and every other vital (and frivolous) detail about me.

If you click on the "email me" button on my website, it should bring-up your email application with my REAL email address populated in the To: field.

If you wish to call my voice line, look-up the number and please don't call at weird times of the night or early morning.

FYI...the ORIG ...was also CROSS-POSTED to the following newsgroups:

This constitutes malicious mischief, at least.

We are all well reminded to WATCH the headers of what we're replying to. This is how SPAM is propogated as well as often creating floods of off-topic messages in all the included newsgroups.

His/her article was little more than an excuse to post a web address at the message's end. SPAM.

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

It's NOT THERE at all.

I see that now.

I was talking about commercial web sites. Commercial sites seem to hide phone numbers and email addresses.

Reply to
Terry

You are right.

I, too, become occasionally frustrated when, surfing a commercial web site, I cannot find their ALTERNATE (old-fashioned) contact information.

Bad design, at least.

Reply to
Jim Redelfs