Suspended ceiling - ugly joints

I'm almost finished installing a suspended ceiling in my basement. While it's straight and looks good overall, there are several places that I really would like to clean it up.

How does one create a clean joint between two pieces of "L" bracing (along the wall)?

When you have an odd length of t-bar, is there a clip that can be added to hold the cut end in place?

Reply to
Calab

If you mean the ceiling trim, the only ends you ever butt together are the original machined ends. Any cut ends should be in corners, where of course there should be a false mitre.

None that I've ever come across in twenty years of ceiling fixing, but it is possible with a bit of ingenuity to fabricate oneself a splicing piece and fix it to the two pieces main 'T' with 5/8'' or 1/2'' self-starting 'Tek' wafer screws. You will never be able to cut the ends of the face perfectly square, but that's where a piece of white tape comes in handy to cover any gap between the pieces.:-)

Make sure there's a suspension wire supporting both sides of any splice you may make.

HTH

Reply to
Aardvark