SOT: Garbage Can smell

Hmmm, Best for skunk smell is tomato ketchup.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I only have one company issued can.

Reply to
Mike Dobony

Load it into your truck or rent one, then drive over to the local DIY car wash and wash it out with their high-pressure car wash wand. That worked for me. Then after that, make sure what's put in there is as dry as it can be (i.e. empty the milk jug, pop cans, beer bottles and so on)

Reply to
Bob M.

This site recommends cleaning with a high pressure hose & then using borax

Kitep

Then skip that suggestion. and thank me for the other two which afaict might still be good.

It's good in most case when OP's reply to suggestions, but your replies are dominated by negativity. Not a single line one could call positive. I noticed this, thought this before I got the reply to mine.

Reply to
mm

No lots of my neighbors do. I live in the midst of townhouses. I used to too, not big bags but smaller ones, until eventually I got the plastic can dirty enough that it would likely never look new again, and now I don't bother anymore.

I use brown plastic cans with tan lids, and one of them 24 years old, and the other more than 14. I never drag them so the bottoms don't wear out.

One split vertically in about 4 places but it still worked fine. Yet I think the garbage men kept in one time, which I don't think they should have done.

I was able to get another one the same colors

I don't like the new colors and I hope brown will be back by the time I need another one. Although I got one out of the trash, and that third one will get promoted to 2nd if one of the others wears out. If I have a lot, I use the third one.

Reply to
mm