Shouldn’t there be a tax break for historic buildi ngs for owners that want to maintain them?

Sure-- just as soon as we've got a budget surplus. If you like old buildings- buy one. [I do- and I did. And I donate to folks who are trying to save other buildings I think are worth bothering with.]

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

What would happen to this country if everyone took your shitty attitude and did for themselves without help from government??!??! Hmm?

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Of course not.

Regrettably, there ARE tax breaks, but there shouldn't be.

The alternative is for the government to acquire the building - either through donation (a tax break) or purchase - and lease it out to someone willing to keep it up.

Reply to
HeyBub