seer rating doesn't match power draw

Reply to
melbjer

Oh no Nick, not the BTU vs. BTUH thing again :) Of course as Steve wrote it, it was incorrect. OTOH the convention of saying BTU when BTUH is meant has set in and will be difficult to purge from the language.

hvacrmedic

Reply to
RP

It's Btu/h, ie Btus per hour. BTUH would be Btus times time...

Should we discard our ACs when they run out of Btus? :-)

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

In a mathematical formula yes, but as an abbreviation of language BTUH is read btu per hour :) It's yet another case of dumb-ass convention ;)

hvacrmedic

Reply to
RP