Please use "OT" for political commentary posts

I have a Message Rule set up to try to filter out as many political commentary posts as possible that are posted on this newsgroup. Personally, I don't think that they belong here on alt.home.repair, but I know that others here think they are okay.
I have my "Politics" message filtering rule set up to filter out certain key words in the subject line (such as Trump, Hillary, Obama, etc.), and I just added OT as one of the filter words.
Some of the people who post political commentary here also post valid questions and responses that are directly related to alt.home.repair. So, I do not want to filter out those people by name because I would miss their posts that are completely on topic and are related to alt.home.repair and are not political commentary.
If those of you who do wish to post political commentary messages here would be so kind as to preface each one with "OT" in the subject line, that would certainly help people like me to not see those messages and more easily find the truly on-topic alt.home.repair messages.
Thanks.
On Tuesday, December 20, 2016 at 1:06:53 PM UTC-5, TomR wrote:

How are you going to see responses to this thread?
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

Funny you should ask that! I messed up.
I had set up the rule to filter out any message with "OT" in the subject line, and then I tried to post this message. After trying to post it, I noticed that it didn't seem to get posted. So, I tried posting it again. Still no show on the newsgroup (for me). Then it dawned on me that my own rule may have been blocking my message from being posted. So, I edited the rule, took out the no "OT" in the subject line factor, and then tried posting the message again. Duh! I had filtered out my own message! And, I ended up posting the same message several times. My bad.
--
I found this free and safe WLM QuoteFix program:
WLMail QuoteFix -> http://www.dusko-lolic.from.hr/wlmquote/

It sounds like the filter you created isn't working like you want it. Your solution is to have everyone title their posts to solve your problem is not going to happen. You have more work to get what you want.
On Tuesday, December 20, 2016 at 2:00:44 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:

Why do you say his filter isn't working?
On 12/20/2016 2:54 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Because he's asking everyone to post "OT". If it was working, there would be no need to ask.
On Tuesday, December 20, 2016 at 3:07:29 PM UTC-5, Meanie wrote:

Did you miss his main point? He has certain words filtered but obviously can't know what *other* words people might put in the subject line of a political post. It's the posts without the filtered words that are getting through. Without filtering the entire English language you can't filter all political posts based on the subject line.
e.g. I could use a subject line such as "Everything But The Kitchen Sink" then go into a political discussion how one party or another has tried all sorts of ways to fix our economy and failed. That post would get through his subject line filters of Politics, Trump, President, OT, et al. However, "OT - Everything But The Kitchen Sink" would be stopped.
Besides, *way* above and beyond the use of filters, OT topics should be marked as OT. 2 simple letters and a shift key. How hard is that?
It's kind of funny (not) that when someone complains about all the OT topics in a ng, people always come back with "Quit your bitching. If it's marked OT, just don't read it." Then when someone asks that people mark OT topics with OT - so that they can follow the previous suggestion - they get yelled at for asking that too.
It really is quite simple: OT topics should be marked as OT.
[...]
On 12/20/2016 12:06 PM, TomR wrote:
[snip]

OT: (include the colon) at the beginning of the subject line.

We will do everything to make your life all that you want it to be. =))
I have a Message Rule set up to try to filter out as many political commentary posts as possible that are posted on this newsgroup.
Personally, I don't think that they belong here on alt.home.repair, but I know that others here think they are okay.
I have my "Politics" message filtering rule set up to filter out certain key words in the subject line (such as Trump, Hillary, Obama, etc.), and I just added OT as one of the filter words.
Some of the people who post political commentary here also post valid questions and responses that are directly related to alt.home.repair. So, I do not want to filter out those people by name because then I would miss their posts that are completely on topic and are related to alt.home.repair and are not political commentary.
If those of you who do wish to post political commentary messages here would be so kind as to preface each one with "OT" in the subject line, that would certainly help people like me to not see those messages and more easily find the truly on-topic alt.home.repair messages.
Thanks.
On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 08:50:53 -0500, TomR advised:

Why don't the political commentary people post where they belong?