Pigeon Control

Some people use a fine wire, strung across and above the landing spot to keep them from landing. Never tried it.

Reply to
Norminn

I don't know if you are kidding or not. But there was a thread many months ago about how hard it was to buy chicken wire because the Borgs didn't want to call it that. The name didn't use the word poultry either. I forget what they call it.

mm

That story had to have been written by an idiot. Who cares what the wire's called? You walk over to the fence wire shelf. You see what you want. You put it in your cart. I can see where a weak mind might have trouble with hardware cloth (a dumb name) when what they wanted was "that mesh with the little square holes), but you can still put your hands on the product, and make it yours, regardless of the name.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

all sorts of humane solutions

Reply to
hallerb

all sorts of humane solutions

Reply to
hallerb

all sorts of humane solutions

Reply to
hallerb

Well, my memory's not so good. Maybe it was about how hard it was to order a big quantity if the order counter was not next to the wire (which it rarely is) and if you didn't know the sku, because the name didn't work, or maybe they were just ridiculing the name.

mm

At places like Lowe's or Home Depot, that wouldn't be surprising. I'm fortunate enough to have places like Agway nearby, where if you say "bird fence", the help's smart enough to make the mental leap without any prompting, and know what you're talking about. Sadly, this kind of intelligence is almost a thing of the past.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Thanks for the replies. I had seen many of the products mentioned in links posted. I spoke to the neighbor about the pigeons and he said he "put up some screen" and I wanted to know what type and he pointed up to a pigeon-hole, so I looked, looked back at him saying what screen?

Anyway, he used a black landscape fabric about the size of a bowling ball - all wadded up and stuffed up into the space. I could not see it when he pointed it out due to the appearance of the shadow.

Makes since in my situation. If it had to be removed for any reason, simple pull it out (a couple of staples can hold the screen in place).

Thanks,

Oren

Oren