OT: What's the point of a laundry basket?

I deliberately don’t have any whites at all, not even sheets.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Lot more convenient to toss them in the basket and move than just once when you do the washing.

Reply to
Rod Speed

And then the fad was to faded clothes, stupid.

I don't with new stuff with stuff I care about the appearance of.

I only sort with new stuff on the first wash.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I gave a wicker basket that is likely older than me and I am older than you. I only use it to carry the damp clothes from the washing machine to the clothes line out in the back yard and then back in again after they are dry.

I don't use a dryer.

Reply to
Rod Speed

None of those are wasted. I inherited my wicker basket and it is likely older than me.

Saves a lot of farting around.

I'm not actually stupid enough to cart them to the washing machine every day.

I turn mine on when I run out of clean ones.

Much easier to put it in the basket and move than just once.

Don't go and fetch it, it lives next to the washing machine.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Does your wife have OCD?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

WTF is wrong with those people? Women do laundry.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

So now you carry the basket 10 miles! You've gained precisely nothing.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

But tomorrow morning, just carry the clothes down with you. Easier than carrying a large basket.

And clothes are a softer landing.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

In 20 years I had one single red shirt from China that bled. Net loss, a couple of pairs of white socks that are now gay coloured. No big deal. Certainly not worth sorting clothes every wash for two decades.

One thing I hate about Chinese clothes, their sizing is off. Or more likely ours is. Chinese, skinny and fit. Brits, not so much. Americans, not at all. So when you buy clothes sized as "medium" from China, they wouldn't fit someone here over the age of 12.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

That's called "pre-sorting"

Reply to
Clare Snyder

One good reason I buy appliances from an appliance store, not a building supply store.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Slow learner???

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I generally just sell the old one where it is and buy another one on it's own lot - but I guess "red-neck bungalows" are called "mobile" for a reason?

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Many years ago, a co-worker < shift work > did .. .. house-moving on-the-side .. true - I swear . I'm not sure that I'd be comfortable hiring a part-time house mover .. John T.

Reply to
hubops

That seems to be a UK thing. I've got a couple of five gallon plastic buckets but they're rigid.

Reply to
rbowman

You're too poor to afford a dryer?

Reply to
rbowman

More like 100' to the car and 50' to the laundromat. Best deal I had was when a friend ran the laundromat. I'd throw the clothes in the washer and proceed down the street to Hannon's saloon. She'd move them to the dryer, fold them when they were done, and meet me at the bar after she closed the laundromat.

Reply to
rbowman

I did my laundry at a place called Duffy's years ago. The laundromat was across the street. It took one beer to wash, two to dry, and a few more just because. Working people hung out there.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Waste of space. I hang it on a line in the bathroom.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey