OT Selling audio equipment

I have an old B&O stereo (w/turntable) and speakers.Any suggestions on how to find it a new home?

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Craigslist would be my first bet, with Ebay a close second depending on the size of the unit and hassle with shipping.

If you're near a large Metro area, Ebay would still be contender and you could specify local pickup only.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

+1

Some other factors:

You'll very likely get a significantly better price on Ebay. But you also have to hand over about 15% to Ebay. I think the final value fee is now 10%, plus people pay with Paypal that then takes a cut, etc. You can take a look on Ebay and see what the same or similar has sold for.

Reply to
trader_4

I don't like the idea of CL since this a big system and I don't want random people coming to my house.

I live in Indy which certainly qualifies. I might try that. I do have the original boxes.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Nothing else to sell and I want to get rid of it pretty soon.

The unit worth north of $500 as far as I can tell from what ebay sales, etc., I can find. I'd certainly prefer to try and sell it first.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Original boxes probably adds a hundred bucks to the value.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I recently sold off my old vinyl collection to a local collector's record shop and they took some of my old audio equipment at the same time, the unneeded turntable for one, and gave me a reasonable price for everything. Probably not maximized profit but it was a simple transaction that took all of two hours including loading the Subie and driving there.

Reply to
BenignBodger

I don't blame you. I give everything I don't want to Goodwill, but if it were something expensive, I'd fear the buyer wouldn't appreciate it, woudn't treat it well, wouldn't know how to use it in some cases, would give it to his 8 year old kid, etc.

Reply to
micky