OT Repair zippr?

Have a "Go-Belt" that has two zippered pouches. After only a month or two of use one zipper failed. Tab won't mesh the two sides.- just slides back and forth. Probably impossible to fix. Cheap plastic zipper on cheap (~$5) Go-belt. But thought it couldn't hurt to ask. These belts are - to me - quite habit-forming. Guess I'll need to order a couple more. Now I have some idea what women do with those huge purses!

TIA

Reply to
KenK

If the tab is metal, use a pair of pliers to squeeze the 2 sides closer together. That's worked for me in the past.

Otherwise you can remove the zipper and put a new one in.

Reply to
Dan Espen

I've fixed many zippers that failed like that. Can you take a photo of it both sides and I can tell you how to fix it.

Reply to
Muggles

Would it be worthwhile to take them to a shoe repair shop? How about Velcro?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Usually it's the slider that's shot. At one time REI had replacement sliders or you might be able to find them at JoAnn fabrics etc. The smaller sizes are common but I have to order the ones for my MC jacket from Amazon. For jackets and other open type uses there is a stop at the top. If the zipper is sewn in on both ends you may need to open the stitches and redo them.

Reply to
rbowman

Oren wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

No such luck. Still trying though

Reply to
KenK

Dean Hoffman wrote in news:nrpq27$u00$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

Velcro is an idea! Let me think about that. I have some Velcro if I can figure out how to use it to replace the zipper.

Reply to
KenK

rbowman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

I'll check into that. Didn't know they were replacable.

Reply to
KenK

I was quoted $30 to $40 to replace a zipper on a $50 coat. Just the zipper alone was about $18. I threw away the coat.

It makes no sense to replace one on a $5 item.

Reply to
Paintedcow

Watch out...b_v might want to know why replacing a zipper bothers you.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I must bother you (or you have a crush), you brought me up to a third party. I'm blushing!

Reply to
bob_villa

It's a crush. That color looks so cute on you.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

arty. I'm blushing!

??(???)??

Reply to
bob_villa

Uncle Monster wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Didn't fix the problem. Or did you mean it would prevent the problem on a working zipper? Your reply seems to indicate the latter.

Reply to
KenK

Muggles posted for all of us...

Do you know of or could you post a video or procedure to do this?

Reply to
Tekkie®