OT Rant

Good Grief, what happened to America?

In a time where corporations are crying, saying everything is so competitive. It makes me wonder if they're trying to see who can make the most junk, with the least customer service, and laugh the most at the customers. Or, are companies just doing whatever they can, to grab a buck, and not think of the future?

I'm not one to shop for cheap, I just want a decent product and service, without being gouged.

Just some of the experiences this year that is putting me over the edge.

  1. Bought a 26" walk behind Snapper mower from a tractor supply company. Problem after problem, starting it. After the second time of loading this
165# machine in my truck, I told them come get it. I told them if they couldn't fix it the third time around, to give me a new one. They responded they are backed up, and it would be approx. 2 weeks b/4 they would be able to diagnose it. With that, I told them if they couldn't get it back to me within 2 days, to keep it, for I would call the CC company, and report it as an unsatisfactory product for which I would not pay. They got it back to me within 2 days, but when they called, they told me come pick it up. UGH! Bring me the darn thing, or keep it. They brought it out the same day.

  1. Wanting to get rid of the dinosaur dial up, and having to deal with outsourced techs over in India, I thought I would go with the no-brainer and get DSL. An online application indicated I couldn't get DSL from my telephone company. WTF? So, I find out the neighbor, not 200 ft. away, has DSL from the local telephone company. He's had it for over 2 years. I input all the neighbors adjoining his property, they can't get it. Ok, I call the phone company, and inquire what's the deal. They read off their system says I can't get it. Ok, I know what the system says, but why can this guy get it, and nobody else, even though their properties are adjoining? The response is: The system says you can't. UGH! Ok, I now have RR on order, and will see how this ordeal goes down.

  2. Landed a new job early this year. It was for the largest LTL trucking company in the nation. I just acquired Class A, with hazmat, double-triples, and tanker. I have driven straight truck going on 3 years. They give me a yard test, to see if I can hookup double/triples. Ok, no problem. Next thing they give me a road test, ok, no problem. Next thing they want me to do is drive doubles for them. Now, I don't mind being thrown to the lions, but to pull a set of doubles, one should have experience running a combination unit first. I quit, simply because I think safety first, and I know I wasn't ready to pull doubles.

  1. Took out a loan, and started paying it down by paying extra towards principle only. I read the fine print, and there wasn't a penalty for paying off the loan early. Next thing that happens, the bank attempts to charge me for paying the loan off early. It took an act of the States Attorney General, to get things straightened out.

  2. I've went through 4 Bunn coffee makers with 7 years. I have city water, filter, and a water softener. Decided to look at other makers, because I'm not satisfied with how long these have lasted. Everyone I've looked at, you pour water in the back. Ok, my counters are standard width (25 inches). Standard height from counter to upper cabinets (between 16/18 inches, mine is 17"). Now, how are you supposed lift the lid, and pour water in the back, if you have the coffee maker sitting under the upper cabinets? They should put wheels on these things or something, if you have to pull out the maker each time to dump coffee. That's what I liked about the Bunn, the lid flips from the front. I mean, I shouldn't have to remodel my kitchen, in order to have a coffee maker.

  1. Got a Deere 280 skid-steer. The engineering on the dang thing is absolutely atrocious. I won't go into specifics, but I could write a book on what's wrong with this thing.

  2. Called for some top soil, scheduled to delivery in the A.M. I waited, and waited and..... Finally called the company to see if they were going to make it. Their response: They are too busy today, let's schedule for next week. Ya right, I'll jump right on that one.
Reply to
Sam S.

Boy, a lot of people are going to identify with you on that! Service? Duhh, wot's dat?

Reply to
Pop

Same here. I can not stand dealing with corporations.... Everyone is trying to screw me over. From services that can not seems to get cancelled no matter what, refunds never paid, valid rebates denied.... Clueless customer support - India.

I refuse to invest the stock market, all it does fill CEO pockets. Why invest, support companies that trying to rip you off, and ship your job to China & india.

Damn repukes screwed this country.

Reply to
Brian