OT: Omaha steak offer

Was wondering if any of you have received an offer from them that you went for. We received an offer with a $145.01 gift certificate. For that certificate and an additional $59.99 + $13.99 shipping we get what sounds like quite a bit. I've had Omaha Sirloins before and they are good. I am mainly concerned that this is a ploy to get me on a list and will start getting calls from telemarketers even tho I've signed up on the no call website. Whatcha think, if it sounds too good..............

Reply to
Paul O.

Read your last sentence over and over again.....

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Google the following:

Omaha steak offer

And then

Omaha steak rip off

I do so love the internets.

Reply to
Matt

Dunno about the offer, but I received some of these steaks and a set of knives as a gift. I'm sure the giver paid good bux for what turned out to be only so-so steaks. No better than the local chain super market has.

Reply to
Wes Stewart

Do the math on total price divided by total ounces of meat and you'll find they are generally not great deals. IIRC, the filets are tiny little 4 or

5 oz steaks. I've read reviews in consumer magazines/foodie newsletters and Omaha generally comes out on the bottom, not much better than what you can get at the supermarket.

-- Paul

Reply to
Paul

If you want good steaks find a good butcher! I have heard the Omaha steaks are good, but why bother when you can get good beef locally. Pretty much any area has a quality butcher with fair prices, better than Omaha's! We have a chain supermarket nearby with an excellent meat department. Also 1/2 mile away we have a small privately owned shop with great meat and good prices too. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

We were given one of those "gift boxes" of Omaha steaks - including beef, hot dogs, etc.

Honestly, I'd classify them as "good", but in no way did they deserve all the raves people seem to have about them. Must be good marketing, I guess. I've had better steaks at most of the local steak houses, including one of the big chains.

- Rich

Reply to
user

Look for weekend specials at your local supermarket. You're better off. Sam's Club has good meat too.

Reply to
Dave

"Dave" wrote

Alice (the maid on the Brady Bunch) used to get her meat from Sam the butcher......

;-]

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

many companies like that want to sell you meat by the number of portions,not the weight. you usually get the short end of the stick.if you want good,fresh meat,your going to have to pay for it.lucas

ds549

I can't speak to the value; pricing. We received a box of various cuts as a gift two weeks ago. Every one we have tried has been excellent.

Reply to
Andy Asberry