OT: Mueller indicts 12 more Russians responsible for an extensive meddling conspiracy.

12 Russians indicted in Mueller investigation
But, but, but Trump says it never happened, there was no Russian meddling. Trump says Putin says it never happened and he believes him. But then he's so incredibly stupid he believes KJU too.
"Eleven of the Russians are charged with identity theft, conspiracy to laun der money and conspiracy to commit computer crimes. Two defendants are char ged with a conspiracy to commit computer crimes. "Russian GRU officers hacked the website of a state election board and stol e information about 500,000 voters," Rosenstein said. "They also hacked int o computers of a company that supplied software used to verify voter regist ration information."
The defendants worked for two units of the GRU that "engaged in active cybe r operations to interfere in the 2016 presidential elections," Rosenstein s aid. One unit stole information using spearfishing schemes and hacked into computer networks where they "installed malicious software that allowed the m to spy on users and capture keystrokes, take screenshots and exfiltrate o r remove data from those computers."
Intelligence gathered by US officials captured some of the Russians accused in Friday's indictments congratulating each other and celebrating the succ ess of their operation during the campaign, according to a person familiar with the investigation. They were also captured celebrating Trump's victory . The source said the intelligence was gathered both before and after the 2 016 election. Each of the Russians involved held military titles. One leader was Sergey A leksandrovich Morgachev, a lieutenant colonel who used the hacking tool "X- Agent." The other Russians involved also used various pseudonyms to send ph ishing emails to Democratic Party affiliates. The two-part operation started with a "spearphishing" effort in early 2016, the indictment describes. The Russians hit more than 300 people connected to the Clinton campaign and Democratic political groups. One of those targets was Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta, whom Aleks ey Viktorovich Lukashev and others spammed with a link that appeared to com e from Google as a security notification but led Podesta to a GRU-created w ebsite. Another phishing effort involved the Russians using an email addres s with one letter deviated from the name of a Clinton campaign member's. The computer crimes the Russians face also accuse them of installing malwar e on Democratic campaign computers. That allowed them to steal passwords, r ecord staffers' keystrokes, take screenshots and observe computer work done on fundraising and voter outreach projects, according to the indictments. They also watched a Democratic campaign committee employee access the organ ization's bank account information.
Though the Democratic organizations realized they were hacked by May 2016 a nd attempted to flush out the hackers, the Russians continued to watch the computers through their hacks until a month before the election, according to the indictment. The then worked to distribute the documents starting in June 2016. The Russ ian intelligence agents had registered the website DCLeaks.com and started a Facebook page and Twitter feed claiming they were "American hacktivists." Once the DNC announced publicly it had been hacked, the Russians used the online moniker Guccifer 2.0, claiming they were a lone Romanian. They did t his "to undermine the allegations of Russian responsibility for the intrusi on," the indictment said. They also took steps to cover their tracks, delet ing files and logs on computers. In June 2016, Guccifer 2.0 began posting stolen documents through a Wordpre ss site they ran. To spread the material further, they shared stolen docume nts with people including a US congressional candidate, a state lobbyist, j ournalists, an entity known as Organization 1, which appears to be Wikileak s, and a person in touch with the Trump campaign.
Any bets that last person in touch with the Trump campaign is Trump's good buddy Roger Stone? He was screwing around with Wikileaks and Gucifer.
Schumer has called for Trump to cancel his meeting with Putin and Schumer is right.
On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 16:02:34 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
I wonder if these charges will survive "discovery". The other dozen defendants seem to be tangling up the DoJ in their own red tape. It turns out we are not willing to turn over the evidence and the chain of custody to them, as required in any criminal prosecution. They may have to settle for moving that over to civil court where the protections for the defendant are less stringent but then it will just be money and we have to demonstrate fiscal damages.
On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 7:43:01 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I agree, actually prosecuting them is another story. But is sounds like they have the goods on them. The remaining question is if Stone or someone else is going down for being involved. For this round there likely isn't going to be any discovery. The other one, one of the companies decided to roll the dice, I don't see that happening here.
On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 17:19:54 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

I guess it really just depends on who these "intelligence officers" really are. I honestly am not really paying that much attention to this kubuki theater. I do understand the FBI is under fire from all sides so they need to look like they are doing something for us but they really have more a Keystone Cops look than that hard nosed investigative agency we used to watch on TV. We have a bad habit of painting with a very wide brush when it comes to press releases.

I haven't actually seen any of that. There were some attempted hacks into voter registration files, that are public information anyway and they planted fake stories on Facebook. How is that different than all the other fake shit on Facebook and the internet in general? There are plenty of slanted and outright fake stories right here on public TV. This is the 21st century and we are bombarded with fake news all the time. We better just get used to it.
The thing that has not happened is they have not shown that one vote was changed and they have not shown that Trump was involved in the hacking. He was also not proven to be involved in the stuff Manafort is going to jail for or any collusion with the 24 Russians charged to date. In that regard, it has been a witch hunt.
What we are seeing is there is a lot more voter fraud going on than anyone has wanted to admit. I understand it is 50 votes here and 100 votes there but there seem to be a lot of "heres and theres". I doubt there will be "millions" but in some races "dozens" can swing an election. You got GW Bush over a few hundred votes that would have given you Gore if they went the other way. Wouldn't you have wanted to know if there were 600 fraudulent voters out of the 6 million votes cast in Florida? (0.01%) That is less than 9 votes per county. To put it another way that is 0.1 fraudulent voter per precinct in Florida.
On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 2:34:50 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

st

ike

The Russians hacked into the DNC. They hacked into Podesta's emails. Do you think they went after voter registrations just for fun? They hacked into t he company that makes voting machines for many states, got the contact info for state voter registrars and sent them fake emails to get access into th ose state systems. They leaked what they found through Gucifer 2,who Roger Stone was in contact with. Remember Stone saying "it will soon be Podesta's turn in the barrel", before anyone here knew he had been hacked and compro mised? This is serious, as serious as anything the Russians did during the Cold War. It's a plot to delegitimize our elections and democracy. That you can't see that surprises me. And given what they've already done and that we have a traitor in the WH who covers for them for still unknown reasons, who refuses to do anything about it, what do you think Russia and our other enemies will do next? Is shutting down GM and Boeing for a week ok too? I t's just a computer hack.

Absurd and you know it's impossible. They did put out a lot of effort to tr y to illegally influence voters using cyber crimes as part of it. Crimes we re committed. And given the election was close, Hillary had 3 mil more vote s, it's possible Russia made the difference. In any case they succeeded, ju st look at the chaos, the turmoil, the division, the costs we've incurred. Your answer is just let them keep doing it? I suspect if Hillary had won wi th Russians helping her, you'd be singing a different tune.
and they have not shown that Trump was involved in the

ROFL. that's a good one. As Mueller closes in, the bar gets raised to that? Pretty soon you'll be saying but they haven't shown Trump wrote the hackin g malware code.
He was also not proven to be involved in the stuff Manafort

So, you admit M is going to jail. When M finally realizes he is too and li ke Cohen figures out that he can't count on Trump for a pardon, then maybe we'll find out a lot more. At the very least we see the kind of people Trum p picks. Curious too, Manafort's crimes what do they involve? Robbing a ban k? Assault? No. They involve Russians, the Russian backed govt in Ukraine, loans/money laundering involving Russians. Just a coincidence, right?
or any collusion with the 24 Russians charged to

No its not, Mueller was tasked with finding out of the Russians meddled in our elections and if crimes were committed. He's found plenty already and i t's not over.

And in this same post you said Russian meddling is ok because you can't pro ve they changed any votes. Go figure.
Wouldn't you have wanted to

And yet you don't want to know if the Russians meddled, that's a witch hunt . It boggles the mind.