OT: MLS Listing, For Sale by Owner??

I am selling my home without a real estate agent. I was wondering how to get my house listed on the MLS listing without using a realtor.

Thanks.

Reply to
Rileyesi

You can in Pugetopolis. It costs a flat rate, and I believe the company who sent me the ad also would, for various flat (and pretty darn reasonable) rates would give you the forms you need and basic advice on how they are filed, etc. I'd scan the yellow pages and start calling and asking. If I were a **good** realtor, I'd known a question on where to find this was an opportunity for a "positive contact" and that the seller or a friend of the seller could call me back when FSBO didn't work. Best of luck blacksalt

Reply to
kalanamak

I don't think you can. Do they show any FSBO listings? (It's been a while since I have looked and can't remember if they do or not).

Have you tried listing the house with the housing authority on base? Any time there are new transients they check with them first.

You never did say whether or not you you ended up at Pax River (in Maryland). Fort Mead?

Reply to
Red Neckerson

OOOOOOOPS!!!!

I was reading the thread "My Wife" and then read this one thinking it was in the same thread.

The comments and questions were meant for Zaitsev and not Rileyesi.

Sorry........

Reply to
Red Neckerson

Reply to
Rich

The MLS *is* your "real estate agent." Around here we have agents who fan the neighborhoods offering "free appraisels." Especially when a nearby home sells. List your house with them and yhey disappear, never to be seen again.

Not bad work for 25% of a 5% sale commission, but now that homes here are selling for 400,000.- minimum, (250,000.- about 6 years ago) many are negotiating lower commissions from their MLS agents.

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

Y'know, I saw an advertisement here in San Antonio which said that this one company (agent?) would put your property on the MLS for about $150.00. It was designed for FSBOs and, for once, appeared totally honest in saying they just list...don't sell.

It implies an automatic 3% savings because you don't have to pay the person who rips you off by listing and not doing anything.

Reply to
~Zaitsev

All of the realtors I know, refuse to deal with FSBO. I have two realtor friends that will list and handle the paper work on an exclusive for 1%. For that is not worth it to me to screw with the paper work. good luck

Reply to
SQLit

BWA HA HA HAAAAA HAAA!

Dream on, cheapskate.

Oh yeah, remember this when you have your 20th neighborhood nosey tire-kicker trampling through your living room a few weeks from now. You'll need a laugh then too.

Reply to
I-zheet M'drurz

It's worth 5 times that to keep the local nosey tire-kicking trailer-trash losers from tramping through your home and saying "HOW MUCH?" as their shit-flinging infants crawl around on your carpet.

Reply to
I-zheet M'drurz

Members of the MLS agree to "cooperate" with brokers whose agents represent buyers of properties. By cooperating the broker representing the seller agrees to compensate the broker representing the buyer. The amount of compensation is indicated on the listing. Agents generally will avoid showing properties where the commission offered is less than a typical listing. Also, the buyer agrency agreement may stipulate that in the case where a buyer purchases a property where less than 3 percent (for example) is offered to the broker representing the buyer, the buyer must make up the difference out of pocket at settlement.

There are discount companies that will put your listing in the MLS system and a few databases for a fee, however the seller must still compensate the broker representing the buyer(s). Usually these discount companies add charges along the way for handling the contract, home inspection, etc.

John

Reply to
Redlocks

LOL! Yea, post a sign "Keepa you carpet munchers & money sponges outta my house!"

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

Reply to
Angelo