of current studies on the use of hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19, our results suggest that hydroxychloroquine may have an important role to play in reducing COVID-19 mortality.
Now go change your drawers and clean yourselves up. I am sure American Pravda will cook juicy lies up from anonymous source for you to scream about pretty soon.
-T
On 2020-07-03 18:15, T wrote:

There is NOW
Stinking typos
On Friday, July 3, 2020 at 9:15:31 PM UTC-4, T wrote:

2020,

rtality

rapy

avir in

t al., 2020) In

Do you even realize that what you just posted above has nothing whatever to do with hydroxy and zithro? The relevant portion of this observational study said this about hydroxy, zithro and the combination of the two:
Main Outcome The primary outcome was in-hospital mortality. Results Of 2,541 patients, with a median total hospitalization time of 6 days (IQR: 4-10 days), median age was 64 years (IQR:53-76 years), 51% male, 56% Afric an American, with median time to follow-up of 28.5 days (IQR:3-53). Overall in-hospital mortality was 18.1% (95% CI:16.6%-19.7%); by treatment: hydrox ychloroquine + azithromycin, 157/783 (20.1% [95% CI: 17.3%- 23.0%]), hydroxychloroquine alone, 162/1202 (13.5% [95% CI: 11.6%-15.5%]), azithromycin alone, 33/147 (22.4% [95% CI: 16.0%-30.1%]), and neither drug, 108/409 (26.4% [95% CI: 22.2%-31.0%])​. Primary cause of mortality was respiratory failure (88%); no patient had documented torsades de point es. From Cox regression modeling, predictors of mortality were age>65 years (HR:2.6 [95% CI:1.9-3.3]), white race (HR:1.7 [95% CI:1.4-2.1]), CKD (HR:1 .7 [95%CI:1.4-2.1]), reduced O2 saturation level on admission (HR:1.5 [95%C I:1.1-2.1]), and ventilator use during admission (HR: 2.2 [95%CI:1.4-3.3]). Hydroxychloroquine provided a 66% hazard ratio reduction, and hydroxychlor oquine + azithromycin 71% compared to neither treatment (p  < 0.001).
They say the main outcome was a reduction in mortality. The death rate wit hout either drug was 26.4%, with hydroxy it was 13.5%, with zithro alone it was 22.4% and with both drugs together it was 20.1%. That's puzzling, given that others have claimed that the two drug cocktail was the winning ticket. If this study is correct, then the two drugs together were much less effect ive, worse than using hydroxy alone. And the bigger problem is that this is one observational study, where they didn't do an actual clinical study, they went back and looked at hospital records. All the other recent controlled, clinical trials, AFAIK, came to the conclusion that neither of these drugs did any good.

AFAIK, FDA has since pulled the emergency use authorization for hydroxy because the other studies have shown no benefit.
However, our results should

No, that's what the lying orange shyster does. No need to use lies, it is what it is. IT's one observational study. Look at all the other studies that showed no benefit and some that showed potential harm.
On 7/3/2020 9:15 PM, T wrote:

You posted a lot but you left out this part. Follow the money
Conflict of Interest S.H. received speakers’ bureau honoraria from Bayer. I.B. received speakers’ bureau honoraria from Gilead, ViiV, and Jansssen, M.Z received consultation honoraria from contrafact. All others have no conflicts of interests. Ethical Approval Approval for this study was granted by the Henry Ford Hospital Institutional Review Board (#13897). Declaration of interests S.H. received speakers’ bureau honoraria from Bayer. I.B. received speakers’ bureau honoraria from Gilead, ViiV, and Jansssen, M.Z received consultation honoraria from contrafact. All others have no conflicts of interests.

Not everything, he did say he was going to Tulsa and he stupidly did that.

On 7/3/2020 9:42 PM, Joshua Snow wrote:

Tulsa is doing fine as far as this virus goes. We don't have thousands of people dying from it.
--
Maggie

On Saturday, July 4, 2020 at 11:22:02 AM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

Give it time, Trump's rally was only about a week ago. And I suppose if your death rate is low, it's a smart idea to to stupid things to help accelerate it? Stupid is as stupid does.
On 7/7/2020 9:28 AM, trader_4 wrote:

The smart thing to do is to live ones life and enjoy it.
--
Maggie

On 7/7/2020 10:33 AM, Muggles wrote:

Yes, a 17 year old girl here in Florida did that. She went to a church gathering, wore no mask. Now she is dead. Oh, hydroxy did not cure here.
On 7/7/2020 11:11 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

She lived her life ... it was her choice. I'm ok with people making their own choices when it comes to their health.
--
Maggie

I stop being OK with people making their own choices when those choices have a high likelihood of getting other people killed.
On 7/7/2020 1:21 PM, Muggles wrote:

Yeah, by 17 she had a full and fun life and accomplished everything she dreamed of.

+1
On 07/07/2020 01:40 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

From the reports there was nothing full and fun about her life. Considering her situation her mother made an extremely poor choice. I have a suspicion that old time religion had a lot to do with it.
On 7/7/2020 9:55 PM, rbowman wrote:

Had the same thought. IMO, the parents letting her go have some responsibility. God will protect you.
On 07/07/2020 08:59 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Opsoclonus myoclonus syndrome can cause a number of developmental disabilities so the girl may not have had full capability of making wise choices.
There was a similar case in Arizona iirc a couple of months ago where a 34 year old died. She had some sort of government position but in a news clip of one of her public appearances it was obvious she had Downs or a similar affliction.
I'm aware of HIPAA etc but there has been a pattern of reporting deaths of younger people without mentioning that they were high risk individuals. I've lost trust in any reports but I did see today where 45% of the deaths were in nursing homes or assisted living facilities.
I'm not trying to minimize those deaths but the way the media reports the statistics with a good deal of sensationalism. 2000 new cases!!! How many of those people didn't know they were a case until they were tested?
on 7/7/2020, trader_4 supposed :

Do NOT underestimate her depth.
On 07/07/2020 10:11 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

And the rest of the story?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/07/florida-carsyn-davis-coronavirus/
Oh.
"As Brunton Davis wrote in the statement after Carsyn’s death, the teen did not have an “easy life,” largely because of her health complications. In addition to cancer and the autoimmune disorder, she also suffered from obesity and a nervous-system disorder that improved when she was 5, the medical examiner’s report stated."
Of course it was the hydroxychloroquine that killed her. The ME's report mentions opsoclonus myoclonus syndrome and hypothalamic-pituitary axis dysfunction.
It's unfortunate the girl died but she had a shopping list of problems. An 11 year old boy made the headline but he also had multiple problems.
On 7/7/2020 8:53 PM, rbowman wrote:

Interesting!!
--
Maggie

On Tuesday, July 7, 2020 at 10:33:04 AM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

That's the kind of thing Herman Cain was tweeting. He went to Trump's Tulsa rally, no mask, no social distancing. He's in the hospital now. The sad thing is other responsible people will likely be infected get sick, die, because of the stupid, selfish, irresponsible dummy.