OT - How much is regular gas where you are?

Count your blessings. I was paying $3.15 for low-grade a week ago here in CA. I haven't refilled since, but the thought causes shudders.

Reply to
Gort

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 20:02:50 -0500, Vic Dura wrote Re Re: OT - How much is regular gas where you are?:

Well, that was last night. It's $2.89 now.

Reply to
Vic Dura

So don't use it. I'll refund your money. :-)

Reply to
Tom Miller

The cross country "Colonial" pipeline starts in Texas, goes through Louisiana, then up east coast. It is one of two pipelines serving my area and is shut down because there is no electricity available for the intermediary pumping stations I got this freom a retired customer of mine who used to work at one of the terminals along the way. He told me he thought it would be running at part capacity in about 2 weeks, his guess. He says this is a 50 inch line. He told me the pump gas, fuel oil, motor oil allthrough the same line. They know when to tap the line to get what they want out of the line. So there will also be fuel oil and motor oil shortage out east if they don't get the pumps running soon.

I also heard the price of gas in my area is going from just over $3.00 now, to $5.00 per gallon tomorrow>

Ouch

Stretch

Reply to
Stretch

It was until recently. Now the prices are just about the same, plus it's about a 30 mile drive to NJ from our home on the western side of Philly.

Liz

Reply to
Liz

in us dollars per gallon

Panama Panama City $2.19 Russia Moscow $2.10 Puerto Rico San Juan $1.74 Saudi Arabia Riyadh $0.91 Kuwait Kuwait City $0.78 Egypt Cairo $0.65 Nigeria Lagos $0.38 Venezuela Caracas $0.12

Reply to
robson

and more

Netherlands Amsterdam $6.48 Norway Oslo $6.27 Italy Milan $5.96 Denmark Copenhagen $5.93 Belgium Brussels $5.91 Sweden Stockholm $5.80 United Kingdom London $5.79 Germany Frankfurt $5.57 France Paris $5.54 Portugal Lisbon $5.35 Hungary Budapest $4.94 Luxembourg $4.82 Croatia Zagreb $4.81 Ireland Dublin $4.78 Switzerland Geneva $4.74 Spain Madrid $4.55 Japan Tokyo $4.24 Czech Republic Prague $4.19 Romania Bucharest $4.09 Andorra $4.08 Estonia Tallinn $3.62 Bulgaria Sofia $3.52 Brazil Brasilia $3.12 Cuba Havana $3.03 Taiwan Taipei $2.84 Lebanon Beirut $2.63 South Africa Johannesburg $2.62

Reply to
robson

While we're at it, is anyone here in a position to inform us about the current price of gasoline (US$ per US gallon) at the gas stations in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia?

Just wondering....

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Time for us to apply a Category 6 surcharge on all food exports to the OPEC members.

Reply to
Jim

$2.99 - 3.29 here in Abilene. Got a tankful for $2.31 on Saturday (price war at new Walmart).

Reply to
Amby

Colonial is up and pumping partially now.

In news: snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, Stretch spewed forth: :: The cross country "Colonial" pipeline starts in Texas, goes through :: Louisiana, then up east coast. It is one of two pipelines serving :: my area and is shut down because there is no electricity available :: for the intermediary pumping stations I got this freom a retired :: customer of mine who used to work at one of the terminals along :: the way. He told me he thought it would be running at part :: capacity in about 2 weeks, his guess. He says this is a 50 inch :: line. He told me the pump gas, fuel oil, motor oil allthrough :: the same line. They know when to tap the line to get what they :: want out of the line. So there will also be fuel oil and motor :: oil shortage out east if they don't get the pumps running soon. :: :: I also heard the price of gas in my area is going from just over :: $3.00 now, to $5.00 per gallon tomorrow>

:: :: Ouch :: :: :: :: Stretch

Reply to
Amby

8-O
Reply to
Olaf

It's up to $3.499 today.

Reply to
Olaf

A dew years ago I used to be fond of mentioning that except for municipal water supplies, gasoline was the cheapest liquid you could buy at retail in small quantities.

Those days are pretty much over, milk is under $4/gallon here in Taxachusetts, and you get a container with it. Coca Cola and Pepsi in 2 litre bottles at their frequent supermarket sales prices beat the price of gasoline about a year ago.

******************

I should have asked this when I posted an inquiry earlier today about the price of gasoline in Saudi Arabia:

What are the typical federal + state taxes on a gallon of gasoline in the USA and elsewhere in the world?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Yeah, I've noticed a lot of price gouging in New Jersey where the much lower gas taxes *should* be giving much lower prices but now aren't. And a 30 mile drive isn't worth it unless you're going that way anyway.

Reply to
Tom Miller

Reply to
willbair

You wanna live in the UK mate, over here its almost $8 a gallon!!!

Reply to
zagga

Bitch at your tax collector.

Reply to
keith

Someone remind me how this relates to home repair?

Reply to
Tim Fischer

$2.57 here now

Reply to