OT: Guns in America

On 03/15/2016 12:59 PM, Aardvark wrote:

"Yes, as through this world I've wandered I've seen lots of funny men Some will rob you with a six-gun And some with a fountain pen"
Woody Guthrie 'Pretty Boy Floyd'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4YKUJZI5Bg

On Tue, 15 Mar 2016 21:05:49 -0600, rbowman wrote:

Good ol' Woody. Hits the nail on the head.
On 03/10/2016 03:24 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Just fall on your knees and give them a hummer?

Call the police and have them arrested, then claim on the insurance.
--
If a man is standing in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 01:44:08 +0000 (GMT+00:00), Aardvark

You're welcome. Surprised you've read Mickey, and I did have him in mind when I wrote that.

Why do you focus on MASS shootings?
Here are actual facts comparing the UK to the US. Note that USA is 10.64 per 100,000 per year (so in 50 years, 1 in 200 of you has died from a gun) - you find this acceptable? UK is 0.23 per 100,000 per year, 46 times less!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate
--
Marital Status: Not Good
Wife's Name: Plaintiff
On 3/10/2016 4:29 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Wikipedia? ROFL Now that's funny.
Perhaps you should spend more time studying reality. For instance, the population of both countries, the number of guns registered, which will only tell you about legal gun owners. What types of crime are most prevalent, black on black, black on white, white on white, etc.
Then try to figure out how many illegal guns there are, and who has possession of those things. You're no better than a politician, you really don't seem to know what you're blabbering about.
On 03/10/2016 02:07 PM, SeaNymph wrote:

The last time the Brits played with firearms they lost their empire.

You only need to carry them for protection because they are so common that all the bad guys have one. In the UK guns are rare, so we aren't afraid of bad guys with guns.
--
I want to die peacefully, in my sleep, like my Uncle Bob. Not screaming in terror like his passengers...

On 3/22/16 5:55 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Published, authoritative UK violent crime/gun crime statistics don't support that. Both categories soared after you allowed your government to disarm the populace. Shame on y'all...
--
With all this “gun control” talk, I haven’t heard one politician say how
they plan to take guns away from criminals and terrorists— just from law

Violent crime stats are 46 times higher in the USA than in the UK.
--
One of the first things you learn on your honeymoon is,
when you're carrying your bride over the threshold, always go in sideways,
On 3/23/16 7:08 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Actually, the U.S ranks third in murders throughout the world.
But if you take out Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC, and New Orleans, we’re 4th from the bottom.
These four cities have two things in common: (1) They have among the most restrictive gun laws in the country, and (2) they’ve been controlled by Democrats for over 50 years…
--
Legal gun owners in the U.S. possess over 300 million firearms and
trillions of rounds of ammunition. Seriously people…if they were a

A policeman using a gun for a jaywalker is beyond a joke, no wonder everyone laughs at America.
--
Q: Why do women close their eyes during sex?
A: Because they can't stand to see a man having a good time!

Look you stupid idiot, if I jaywalk, I endanger ME, not anyone else, not the driver, he won't be harmed if he runs me down, it's nobody's business but mine.
--
The length of women's skirts are directly proportional to the current financial climate.

You've been watching too many movies.
--
I was doing some remolishments to my house the other day and accidentally defurbished it.

On 3/22/2016 6:22 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Have you ever hit a jaywalking deer?

Yes, it hit my bumper and the canoe no the roof, not the windscreen. You really don't understand the concept of pedestrian safety designed into cars do you?
--
Why are there 5 syllables in the word "monosyllabic"?

On 3/22/2016 5:10 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

And there you are, wrong again. If you jaywalk, and drivers attempt to avoid you instead of running you down which would be the correct course of action, any number of serious consequences could arise.
Get your head out of the sand and try to post something coherent.

In the UK we have "zebra crossings". No idea what the law says, but some drivers do an emergency stop to let a pedestrian cross. I stop if I can be bothered. I don't stop if I'm very close to it and would have to brake hard, or if I don't like the look of the pedestrian.
--
To determine how tightly to do up a nut, continue until you hear a crack, then back off half a turn.

On 3/22/2016 5:12 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Oh, so you're okay with breaking the law? The law says you have to stop if there's a pedestrian approaching such a crossing.
http://www.drivingtesttips.biz/zebra-crossing.html