OT: Guns in America

But if they are made illegal, you shouldn't have them.
--
Women are like dog shit, the older they get the easier they are to pick up.

That is the rub. Simply making them illegal with no compensation is a "taking". That is why all of our laws exempt things you already own that were legal at the time you got them. The Supreme Court universally rules that when they don't it is an unconstitutional law. They have even ruled that changing land use codes can make the state liable for paying affected land owners if there were no intervening sales. A new owner is on his own if he did not do his due diligence and verify the land was unencumbered.

No it isn't.

What a weak feeble law system you have.

For example?

--
Your mouse has moved. Windows must be restarted for this change to take effect.

It is here. We don't have a Queen

Yeah, citizens have rights. It is why we kicked out the king.

Reahard v Lee County et al. The county rezoned 40 acres, preventing him from building on it. It went all the way to the steps of the supreme court, who let the lower court decision stand. The county had to pay him $22 million

I can jaywalk, you can't. So don't say America is the land of the free.
--
Seven dwarfs sat in the tub, feeling Happy.
Then Happy got out, so they all felt Grumpy.

No, as I said, you can't jaywalk.
--
The only thing that saves us from the bureaucracy is its inefficiency -- Eugene McCarthy

Please converse in English.
--
I want to lie shipwrecked and comatose
Drinking fresh mango juice

I don't want to know about your sexual perversions.

Look it up, it is illegal to jaywalk in the USA.

It's "too" if you're an adult.
--
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire. -- US Air Force training manual.

Stop misunderstanding simple phrases like "you can't" for comic effect.
--
A British Engineer just started his own business in Afghanistan.
He's making land mines that look like prayer mats.
On 03/17/2016 03:40 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 20:46:03 -0600, rbowman wrote:

It's all Greek to me.
T24gRnJpLCAxOCBNYXIgMjAxNiAwMjo0NjowMyAtMDAwMCwgcmJvd21hbiA8Ym93 bWFuQG1vbnRhbmEuY29tPiB3cm90ZToNCg0KPiBPbiAwMy8xNy8yMDE2IDAzOjQw IFBNLCBNciBNYWNhdyB3cm90ZToNCj4+Pg0KPj4NCj4+IFdoeSBidXkgdGhlbT8g IEp1c3QgbWFrZSB0aGVtIGlsbGVnYWwgYW5kIHlvdSBoYXZlIHRvIGhhbmQgdGhl bSBpbi4NCj4+IFlvdSBjb3VsZCBnZXQgc2NyYXAgdmFsdWUgZm9yIHRoZSBzdGVl bCBJIGd1ZXNzLi4uLg0KPg0KPiDOnM6fzpvOqc6dIM6bzpHOks6VDQoNCs6gzqzO tc65IM+Dz4TOtyDPhs+FzrvOsc66zq4sIM6xzr0gzrTOtc69IM+Ezr/Phc+CIM60 zq/Ovc6/z4XOvSDPg8+Ezr8gz4fOv86vz4HOvy4NCg0KLS0gDQpQb2x5bmVzaWEg LS0gbWVtb3J5IGxvc3MgaW4gcGFycm90cy4
On 03/18/2016 06:38 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

I don't think the Greeks had an idiom for off the pig.
T24gU2F0LCAxOSBNYXIgMjAxNiAwMjo0NDoxNyAtMDAwMCwgcmJvd21hbiA8Ym93 bWFuQG1vbnRhbmEuY29tPiB3cm90ZToNCg0KPiBPbiAwMy8xOC8yMDE2IDA2OjM4 IFBNLCBNciBNYWNhdyB3cm90ZToNCj4+IM6gzqzOtc65IM+Dz4TOtyDPhs+FzrvO sc66zq4sIM6xzr0gzrTOtc69IM+Ezr/Phc+CIM60zq/Ovc6/z4XOvSDPg8+Ezr8g z4fOv86vz4HOvy4NCj4NCj4gSSBkb24ndCB0aGluayB0aGUgR3JlZWtzIGhhZCBh biBpZGlvbSBmb3Igb2ZmIHRoZSBwaWcuDQoNCkkgd2FzIHNheWluZyAiZ2l2ZSB0 aGVtIHRvIHRoZSBwaWciLg0KDQotLSANCldoeSBhcmUgdGhlcmUgNSBzeWxsYWJs ZXMgaW4gdGhlIHdvcmQgIm1vbm9zeWxsYWJpYyI/
On 03/19/2016 08:07 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Yes, but I was looking for a suitable translation of the Black panther's motto, 'Off the pig.' but I don't think there is a matching idiom in classical Greek.

e:

κή, αν δεν τους δίνουν στο χοίρο.

's

I'm not familiar enough with Greek to confirm.
-- The wife said to me last night "If you turn the bedside lamp off I'll take it up the arse." Maybe I should have waited for the bulb to cool down first.

Tax should be outlawed.
--
US PGA Commentator - "One of the reasons Arnie is playing so well is that, before each tee shot, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them."

On 3/14/2016 8:05 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Ostrich is the perfect nym for you :)

A criminal has a profession? And you believe that gun play is that profession? You're not the brightest bulb on the tree, are you?
On Tue, 15 Mar 2016 07:10:46 -0500, SeaNymph wrote:

Yup. They're called bankers.
FYI
HTH
HA*N*D
On 3/15/2016 1:59 PM, Aardvark wrote:

Oh, I thought they were called politicians.