OT: Guns in America

Those two statements mean precisely the same to me. What is the difference?
--
Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Why the fuck would you want to be nice to a prisoner? He is the criminal, he has done wrong, he should lose all rights.
--
The longest word in German is DONAUDAMPFSCHIFFAHRTSELEKTRIZITAETENHAUPTBETRIEBSWERKBAUUNTERBEAMTENGESELLSCHAFT, "the club for subordinate officials of the head office management of the Danube steamboat electrical services" (name of a pre-war club in Vienna), according to 1996 Guinness.

Our country is safer to live in, you lose.
--
Reading while sunbathing makes you well red.

On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 3:43:50 AM UTC-8, Mr Macaw wrote:

.45's have a powerful "kick" The 4 year old must have one hella bruise somewhere and/or missing some teeth

Kids learn from their mistakes.
--
Peter is listening to The Who - Behind Blue Eyes

On 3/13/2016 12:56 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Well, that's the hope, anyway.
--
Maggie

On 3/10/2016 5:43 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

What's it to you, seriously? You don't live here, you just rag on things you see to not truly understand. Why are you so afraid of guns?

Why are you so afraid of criminals? I have no urgent desire to protect myself.
--
Mary had a little skirt
With slits right up the sides
On 3/10/2016 4:24 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

I don't fear criminals, I simply know that the biggest problems with guns in this country is the criminal element, something you and our politicians can't seem to understand.
There's no reason for me to fear criminals because I have the means to protect myself if need be. That's not why I own guns though. One mistake you keep making is that you seem to believe that people buy guns out of fear. Maybe some do, but I don't.
On 3/10/2016 5:37 PM, SeaNymph wrote:

Given the number of guns already in this country and the well established fact that criminals, by their very definition, do not obey laws. . . How, Mr Macaw (and others of similar bent), propose we enact "gun control"?
Under the circumstances, taking the guns from those who would most likely follow the law and turn them in is like have yourself castrated because your neighbor has too many children.

If there is a fox in your chickens, shoot your dog.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Less guns around, less to fall into the wrong hands.
--
Men, here's a tip for dealing with the little lady.
If you upset your wife or girlfriend then she will nag you.

We don't have criminals with guns. Maybe if you banned guns they wouldn't be able to get them so easily? Just a thought....

And why do you think you're better with a gun than them? It's their profession!
--
A female friend of mine was admitted to a private hospital to try to
lose weight. Naturally I sent her flowers.

We banned drugs 80 years ago and they are still around. The only thing bans do is to make the people who provide the banned product rich. You still have not said how the government deals with a few hundred million that are already out there. The best we have is a guess how many there are and how has them. It is not unreasonable to say that a "buy back" would cost the government a quarter of a trillion dollars or more. "Just compensation" is a constitutional right.

Where is the gov't going to get the money for the buy back? Raising taxes. My taxes go up so that the gov't can buy someone else's gun that he used to legally own? I'm not pleased with that idea.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Why buy them? Just make them illegal and you have to hand them in. You could get scrap value for the steel I guess....
--
What has got two legs and bleeds?
Half a dog!

We have a constitution that guarantees "just compensation" for a "taking". It was written because we did not like the idea of a king (or corrupt government) just taking anything he wanted.

And that same constitution guarantees the lawful citizens of this country the right to keep and bear arms.
On 3/17/2016 6:16 PM, SeaNymph wrote:

As I understand it, the Constitution prohibits the government from infringing a right. It may be appearing to be a small point, but it is important. If the Const. grants a right, a future government can remove the right. But, we are Endowed by our Creator with certain rights.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 03/18/2016 06:13 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

to paraphrase Mao, we're endowed with certain rights by our weapons. The oligarchs have never willingly dispensed freedom and try to claw back any advances when possible.