OT: Guns in America

It probably means he had a DVR

You completely ignored what I just said. Our intruders are not armed.
--
You can't please everyone. But it IS possible to piss 'em ALL off at the same time.

Never? With no weapons at all?
I suppose if I google UK armed robbery, I will come up with no hits.
On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 19:14:05 +0000 (GMT+00:00), Aardvark

Interesting since it comes from English law Early English Law. any crime punishable by death or mutilation and forfeiture of lands and goods.

In the US, the short answer is a crime serious enough to merit more than a year in jail.
This is from the Florida statutes (1) The term “felony” shall mean any criminal offense that is punishable under the laws of this state, or that would be punishable if committed in this state, by death or imprisonment in a state penitentiary. “State penitentiary” shall include state correctional facilities. A person shall be imprisoned in the state penitentiary for each sentence which, except an extended term, exceeds 1 year. (2) The term “misdemeanor” shall mean any criminal offense that is punishable under the laws of this state, or that would be punishable if committed in this state, by a term of imprisonment in a county correctional facility, except an extended term, not in excess of 1 year. The term “misdemeanor” shall not mean a conviction for any noncriminal traffic violation of any provision of chapter 316 or any municipal or county ordinance. (3) The term “noncriminal violation” shall mean any offense that is punishable under the laws of this state, or that would be punishable if committed in this state, by no other penalty than a fine, forfeiture, or other civil penalty. A noncriminal violation does not constitute a crime, and conviction for a noncriminal violation shall not give rise to any legal disability based on a criminal offense. The term “noncriminal violation” shall not mean any conviction for any violation of any municipal or county ordinance. Nothing contained in this code shall repeal or change the penalty for a violation of any municipal or county ordinance. (4) The term “crime” shall mean a felony or misdemeanor.
On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 17:27:31 -0700, Oren wrote:

Sorry. Still not a Brit.
On 3/16/2016 2:03 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

And yet another stupid statement. Get your head out of the sand why don't you?

Which is why I said USA should outlaw guns. Make your country like the UK, and all will be fine. Do you think it acceptable that some old lady in America who isn't able to shoot to defend herself is liable to be killed? So what if young fit people can protect themselves, don't you give a fuck about the infirm?
--
Caller: "Can you give me the telephone number for Jack?"
Operator: "I'm sorry, sir, I don't understand who you are talking about".
On 3/22/2016 5:23 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

I don't want this country to be like the UK, for a number of reasons.
Why do you ignore the crime and the problems in your own country instead of being fixated on something that doesn't concern you?

Because your crime is 100 times higher.
--
Is an infirmary a place for people who can't get it up?

Mr Macaw wrote:

Why are you worried over our crime? Do you plan on visiting? Stay outta DC, Detroit and a few other heavily black areas and you'll be fine! You can even bring your tea.
On 03/22/2016 08:05 PM, 83LowRider wrote:

Ya, stay outta DC. There's a black in the White House that's stealing my lunch money every damn day!
Tony wrote:

LOL!

No, I just want you guys to admit that your country has failed to control its people. That everyone would prefer to live over here without fear of someone shooting them.
--
An Ohio teen has pleaded innocent to stealing his mother's credit card to pay for a friend's breast enlargement surgery.
Police say it's lucky they caught the guy quickly; otherwise, it may have turned into a bigger bust.
Mr Macaw wrote:

That's funny! You've been throwin' out all this stank-bait... guns, US sucks, southern yokels... and I've enjoyed watching what you've managed to reel in. If you think I'm jumping in the water tho - you'd be mistaken.
You don't care any more about guns in the US, than I care about the massive number of yellow teeth in the UK.
On 3/23/2016 7:57 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

I don't live in fear of someone shooting me. And I'm pretty certain that not "everyone" lives that way.
Mr Macaw wrote:

Like we did with drugs? That sure took care of the problem.

I believe we fought a war with you to be sure that such a thing would never happen. That, and the tea thing... tea sucks.

Many old ladies have been killed. Those who are armed and fire first are usually not in that category. The 'young fit people' are usually the ones doing the killin'.
HTH.

There is no need for it not to happen. Do you think we're all pining for a gun?

We don't all drink tea. Hardly any of us do. We drink coffee like you.

Thanks for making my point.
--
Intercourse prevents divorce.

Mr Macaw wrote:

I wouldn't touch a cup of coffee.

ve

im

armed.

why

ct.

us for

My statement was "our intruders are not armed", Aardvark backed this up. You agreed with him and not me. FFS grow up.
-- Paddy calls Easyjet to book a flight. The operator asks "How many people are flying with you?" Paddy replies "I don't know! It’s your flipping plane!"

So you think it's ok that everyone has to be armed to protect themselves against criminals that are armed, and can't understand why neither side being armed would be better? It might be ok for someone like you who is able to operate a firearm and defend themselves, but what you're saying is you don't give a fuck about someone who can't fire a gun well, perhaps because they're older and frail. You're a selfish arse.
--
Little Tony was staying with his grandmother for a few days.. He'd been playing outside with the other kids for a while when he came into the house and asked her, "Grandma, what's that called when 2 people sleep in the same room and one is on top of the other?"

She was a little taken, but she decided to just tell him the truth. "It's called sexual intercourse, darling".