OT: Guns in America

Do you have a point? At least our intruders aren't armed.
--
Condoms aren't completely safe. A friend of mine was wearing one and got hit by a bus.

Mr Macaw wrote:

My point is that if and intruder comes into my home, it doesn't matter if he is carrying a knife or a gun or a big stick. I have the right to be armed against that intruder. The very act of him coming into my home tells me he has some sort of malicious intent. I want him in the hospital, or dead.
So maybe you have no family, maybe you live in a safe little gated community... howz about you google 'store owner shoots robber'. Ten million results. Same point as above. HTH.
On 3/11/2016 1:21 PM, 83LowRider wrote:

I think his nym is misleading and probably would make more sense if it was Ostrich.

Actually parrot would make more sense, but troll is more appropriate
On 03/11/2016 02:21 PM, 83LowRider wrote:

/ I get your point but there's also the gun accidents where some poor kid goes to the store to get some Skittles and tea and gets gunned down by some crazed gun-nut wanna-be-cop./
Wally wrote:

That statement is as stupid as the Memphis mother who wants gun control . She says if we don't have guns she won't have to worry about her son getting shot while committing an armed robbery ...
--
Snag

On 3/11/2016 5:36 PM, Wally wrote:

There is, obviously, a huge difference between law abiding gun owners and criminals. By in large, the gun "problem" involves criminals.

No guns, no armed criminals.
--
Bikini e pareo, camicia di pizzo e shorts, top e gonna di crochet!

On Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 3:04:03 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

What is your proposal for disarming our criminals? Shall we take out an advertisement in the newspaper asking them to present their guns at the police station?
How shall we prevent future illegal gun sales? Build a wall around our country?
Cindy Hamilton
On 3/16/2016 2:03 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Thanks for that nonsense Mr. Ostrich.
Mr Macaw wrote:

Fine. Let 3 thugs with bats come at you. You have a bat, they have a bat. Now everyone is equally armed. Good luck with that.
Wally wrote:

He shoulda offered George some Skittles instead. Problem solved.

I get the feeling your cops are the ones who should not have guns. Some teenager got shot for flashing his lights at a cop because he had them on full beam.
--
Bikini e pareo, camicia di pizzo e shorts, top e gonna di crochet!

These people are shot for assaulting the cop.
You only hear about the underlying stop, not what happened when they got face to face with the cop. It turns out the cops get in as much trouble for just beating up a suspect as they do shooting them so the cops are trigger happy. I don't think that is right but I understand it.
On 3/11/2016 6:36 PM, Wally wrote:

May wish to mention that the cop wannabe was laying on his back, being pounded, beat, and stomped by the poor kid.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

How pathetic, being beaten up by a kid.
--
If the English language made any sense, lackadaisical would have something to do with a shortage of flowers.

The "kid" was a grown man by any standard, 4 " taller than Z and had the element of surprise. He also had a fairly extensive criminal record as a juvenile but that was all "sealed" and kept out of the media. Martin was found in school with stolen goods and burglary tools and suspended/expelled. There was also a vandalism charge. That is why he was at his father's place, 150 miles from home.
Oren wrote:

unbelievable ignorance<shakes head>

all just parrot what they are told......minions

Watching the entire trial every day means you have no life.
--
"Always go to other peoples' funerals, otherwise they won't go to yours." -- Yogi Berra