OT: Guns in America

On 03/10/2016 09:49 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

I thought I detected a whiff of parrot shit in your posts...

It doesn't smell. Cat shit smells. I have those too, but they do it my neighbour's garden.
--
"Click cancel to discontinue starting" - Mac OS 9

On 3/10/2016 9:58 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

If you can guarantee no guns would EVER enter the US legally or illegally, I would consider agreeing. The problem is, you can't and guns will ALWAYS be in the hands of criminals. Therefore, armed citizens is the answer. You don't want to own or carry a gun to protect yourself, so be it, but others are smarter than you.

If guns are difficult to obtain, the overall deaths from them diminsih significantly (proved by my link). The problem in America is so many people have guns that everyone wants one to protect themselves form any nutters who have one.
--
In 1839, the imperial Chinese commissioner Lin Zexu wrote a letter to Queen Victoria warning that, unless the British stopped supplying opium to China, he would cut off rhubarb supplies to Britain, killing everyone through mass constipation.

On 03/10/2016 07:58 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

http://www.citizensreportuk.org/reports/murders-fatal-violence-uk.html
My takeaways are:
"Of these 640 Murders / Homicides, 44 involved a gun or firearm as the main weapon. Gun murders in Britain in 2011/12 represent 6% of the murder cases, (0.72 gun homicides per million population)."
"The most common method of killing continues to be by sharp instrument."
Obviously the UK needs to ban anything but plastic cutlery and kindergarten scissors. Which would you prefer, a nice quick head shot or bleeding out while you're tripping over your own guts?

The second one, as I'd have had the ability to defend myself against it.
--
You can't polish a turd, but it's funny as fuck watching someone try.

Cars are very useful. Guns serve no purpose.
--
Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest. (Rev. Larry Lorenzoni)

The last time the Germans got a little frisky, the UK was begging the US to send all manner of these useless objects, both military and civilian.

I was only objecting to civilian guns. But.... I would have sided with the Germans.
--
Local police hunting the "knitting needle nutter", who has stabbed six people in the last 48 hours, believe the attacker could be following some kind of pattern.

On 03/10/2016 08:49 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Had you, you might still have an empire.

I reckon the Germans were the best at fighting, they did pretty well considering most were against them.
--
There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those that want to get ahead, and those that just want to get head.

The Germans are a very sensible logical race. And they don't like foreigners, or they didn't at the time of the war. Hence the gas chambers.
--
Always talk to your wife while you're making love -- if there's a phone handy.

The Germans are a very sensible logical race. And they don't like foreigners, or they didn't at the time of the war. Hence the gas chambers.
--
Always talk to your wife while you're making love -- if there's a phone handy.

On 03/10/2016 07:57 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

It's hard to talk an elk into the frying pan. You could use a bow or a spear I guess, or your bare hands if you're a manly man.

In the UK we invented farming.
--
Is it just a coincidence that Christianity and insanity end with the same letters?

On 03/14/2016 07:03 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

That was a giant step backward for humanity. Overpopulation, disease, and degeneracy comes from farming.

Farming causes global warming, at least the rise in CO2, if that is really the cause. The rise in CO2 tracks the rise of farming and the increase of population as closely as any other metric and that goes back 10,000 years
On Tue, 15 Mar 2016 11:58:44 +0000 (GMT+00:00), Aardvark

The CO2 trend predates the industrial revolution as does the ramp up of the population. Granted both were lower but the parallel still tracks pretty much exactly. The end of industrialization as we know will only cut CO2 if there is also a drop in the population

If he did much reading at all he would know the Mesopotamians were farming before the UK separated from Europe.,
Mr Macaw wrote:

How about you google the phrase 'homeowner shoots intruder'?