OT: Guns in America

And you're proud of that? Removing guns would remove the ease of killing someone.

Yip, "civilised" countries keep on letting in the Neanderthals....
--
There once was a time when all people believed in god and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages. -- Richard Lederer

It really did not change the slope of the murder rate that much in Australia. The rate was dropping before they banned guns and continued at about the same rate after. The highest murder rates here are in the places with the strictest gun laws.

We brought them here ... while you guys were still in charge.

We have no guns at all, except the odd farmer, and our rate is ONE HUNDRED TIMES LOWER than yours.

And you keep on letting them in.
--
FART stands for FAst Repetitive Ticks, and herrings use them to communicate.

I was using "Neanderthals" in the colloquial sense to mean "backwards people".
--
A blonde is walking down a creek. While she's looking around she notices Judi walking along the other side of the creek. She yells to the other blonde. "Hey, how do I get to the other side?"
Judi replies, "You are on the other side!"
On 03/10/2016 09:50 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

The bumper sticker on my pickup says 'Neanderthal and Proud' so watch your mouth, you gracile hominid.

I assume you mean it in the same way as me though....
--
"Click cancel to discontinue starting" - Mac OS 9

On 03/10/2016 08:50 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

It was you Brits who thought it was a good idea to bring Africans to North America to pick your tobacco. Want them back with interest? You can have their community organizer too.

The US is precisely the same. Your president is a Muslim.
--
Maybe "god" doesn't really care about religions, which were, after all, created by men... just like "god" was.

On 03/10/2016 09:55 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

No, he's a Christian. They're even worse. Turn the other cheek my ass.
On 3/10/2016 10:20 PM, rbowman wrote:

We all only have 4 cheeks, ya know.
--
Maggie

Sure?
https://youtu.be/PqosS6DBwhA

https://youtu.be/PqosS6DBwhA

--
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire. -- US Air Force training manual.

He doesn't know what he is.
"Obama was baptized into the United Church of Christ (UCC) denomination and formally joined it in 1988.[6] He left the UCC in 2008 because of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright controversy.[7] He now worships with a Southern Baptist pastor at Camp David but has not become a formal member of any church since 2008.[8]
Though Obama is a practicing Christian[9][10][11] and he was chiefly raised by his mother and her Christian parents, his father Barack Obama, Sr., with whom he lived only as a baby, was a Muslim-turned-atheist, and his stepfather Lolo Soetoro with whom he lived during his early childhood was a nominal Muslim. This familial connection to Islam, among other things, is a basis of claims that Obama secretly practices Islam."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_religion_conspiracy_theories#Claims_that_Obama_secretly_practices_Islam
--
Maybe "god" doesn't really care about religions, which were, after all, created by men... just like "god" was.

Certainly you would agree that guns should be taken away from the people who do the most harm with them.
Far and away governments have killed more people with guns than any individual or group of individuals. Logically it then follows that we need to get guns out of the hands of governments.

Our police are normally not armed.
--
Today's woman puts on wigs, fake eyelashes, false fingernails, sixteen pounds of assorted make-up/shadows/blushes/creams, living bras, various pads that would make a linebacker envious, has implants and assorted other surgeries, then complains that she cannot find a "real" man.

That's a good start.

Trouble is they aren't armed with a brain either.
--
Next time you wave at me, use more than one finger please.

Our police are normally not armed.
--
Today's woman puts on wigs, fake eyelashes, false fingernails, sixteen pounds of assorted make-up/shadows/blushes/creams, living bras, various pads that would make a linebacker envious, has implants and assorted other surgeries, then complains that she cannot find a "real" man.

Until a gun owner who doesn't, allows someone to shoot you.

Not on purpose, but those things are useful.

Not on purpose. Do you think people never make mistakes?

Again, do you think people never make mistakes? I take great care to shut windows and not answer the door when parrots are flying around, yet a couple have escaped. People make mistakes, we are not robots following a program.
--
Today's woman puts on wigs, fake eyelashes, false fingernails, sixteen pounds of assorted make-up/shadows/blushes/creams, living bras, various pads that would make a linebacker envious, has implants and assorted other surgeries, then complains that she cannot find a "real" man.

Yes, but a gun is FAR more dangerous than any other tool.

And one day you will make a mistake. The burglar, or your kid, will get hold of it and kill you.

Actually, on about 7 occasions throughout my life, if I'd had a gun in my pocket, I would have shot somebody. When people piss me off I want to take revenge.

Define "double tap".

Sounds like the centre is more sensible than you....

I've never had what I'd call food poisoning. Sure, I've had trapped wind, but what does food poisoning feel like?

If you have balls of steel that isn't required.
--
Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and newsgroups are nothing like Shakespeare