OT Cruiz runs for president?

Just found out he was born in Canada.

The constitution /requires/ the candidate to have been born in the USA.

I assume Cruiz was fine with Obama having been born in Kenya then ???

Reply to
philo

Hi, Local news paper says he was born here in Calgary. He gave u[ dual citizenship for possible running for U.S. presidency.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi, It's beeing reported here he was born here in Calgary. mother was an American, father was Cuban. He gave up dual citizenship to run for presidency.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Ah. Another birther. Aka ignorant lunatics.

If Cruz wasn't a RWNJ himself, they'd be calling him a commie for having a father born in Cuba. But, since he's one of their own, they're giving him a pass on their usual smear tactics.

Reply to
Moe DeLoughan

philo wrote in news:mepmms$3d9$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

No, it does not. It requires the candidate to be "a natural-born citizen", without defining that term, which has been understood by the courts to include children born *outside* the US to parents at least one of whom is a US citizen. Examples in my lifetime include John McCain (born in the Panama) and Barry Goldwater (born in the Arizona Territory, before Arizona became a state), both of whom were indeed eligible to be President -- as is Cruz.

Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Since there was such a flap about Obama who did show a US birth certificate...I'd think someone born in Canada would create even a bigger stir.

Reply to
philo

Don't know if the Cuban father is going to be of much help to him.

Reply to
philo

Have you ever heard his father speak? You might change your mind when you do

Reply to
ChairMan

I suppose he's smarter than his son?

Reply to
philo

I notice a trend here. You either have no facts or are wrong on the facts. Most of your political points are just blather, ad hominem rants. Kind of like when Jesse Watters interviews hippies on the street. Like, what exactly is the point of this whole thread?

Reply to
trader_4

You are completely correct. I drink way too much coffee, post a lot of crap, then read the actual facts later.

I guess you could blame all this on the way I grew up. My friends and I would just pick a point and start arguing. We did not necessarily agree with our own words, but we just liked to argue. Sometimes we'd just flip flop and after arguing one side for a while, would start arguing the other. Since I've been like that most of my life, it's probably too late to change.

Though I end up learning something I basically just come here to shoot my mouth off and give my wife a small break.

You did say something pretty funny though when you said I was "wrong on the facts".

If I am wrong, then what I said is not a fact.

Reply to
philo

Hey, it's not like you are writing for the New York Times with millions of readers.

Besides, I tell people that since I don't get paid to post, I don't have to be that accurate.

Reply to
Frank

Per philo:

With your permission, I'm going to save that one and use it myself from time-to-time... -)

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Since this is a home repair group I try to give the best possible answers in that regard. I do not kid around much there.

As to my political views...the subject is absurd enough that I just spout off anything on my mind. Any crap I can think of is likely not going to be half as bad as the professional politicians who have more training in slinging bull.

Reply to
philo

You have full right for that. I did not copyright it.

Amazingly though I do learn a few things here.

Reply to
philo

just got to love people who renounce their citizenship

Reply to
Malcom Mal Reynolds

Changing the subject a bit

Concerning Wisconsin's Gov. Walker

one of the most conservative voices in Wisconsin has now condemned him

philo