Badly translated instructions for a LED PIR floodlight

It's a pointless waste and inconvenience.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I can't understand strong accented Glaswegians or Irish. Can you seriously understand any American?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Hello Rod.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

They also don't have an issue with topless women on any beach. Or even on the high street.

In fact isn't that sexism in UK/USA? To allow a topless man but not woman?

They're both outdated and I think based on something historical. Torch implies it runs on oil or something. Flashlight implies it only lights briefly.

ROFL @ "they hardly speak and English I can understand at times"

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

You haven't seen the women around here....

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

That led me here ---->

Fun! ;-)

Reply to
David_B

Typo corrected.

Any father of grown children know this to be true! :-D

Reply to
David_B

What on earth does the word "re-parrot" mean? I've never heard that before.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I don't understand the word understand. Surely it should mean you haven't done enough standing?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Why do you assume it's a who and not a what?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Don't expect the product to work either. The light is great, but the detector is not. To begin with it detected me moving around a lot at 8m (it was advertised as 12). Walking normally towards it, 4m! Later in the day, it started detecting non-existant things and was on 95% of the time. Then it decided to do the opposite and now requires my hand waving literally 1 foot in front of it. I shall attempt to get a partial refund, keep the lamp, and get a seperate detector.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Re - pair - it (Said with a Scottish accent!)

Reply to
David_B

ROFL! I was expecting one of those she-wees. Have you played that game, is it any good?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On Oct 21, 2020 at 2:46:53 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.0suxgfnswdg98l@glass>:

Say it out loud to a few people. :)

Reply to
Snit

I'm not sure to what game you are referring.

I ended up here:-

Quite amusing! :-D

Reply to
David_B

On Oct 21, 2020 at 12:06:43 PM MST, "David_B" wrote <7F%jH.278147$ snipped-for-privacy@fx09.ams:

And we did the same thing to our parents... maybe not as much because things did not spread pre-Internet as fast as they do now.

Reply to
Snit

On Oct 21, 2020 at 11:55:39 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.0supi1kuwdg98l@glass>:

Pretty much any American. There are some where the accent can be a bit of an issue, but not much.

Reply to
Snit

On Oct 21, 2020 at 11:51:30 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.0supb4flwdg98l@glass>:

Not really a choice!

Reply to
Snit

On Oct 21, 2020 at 11:47:16 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.0suo47ttwdg98l@glass>:

That is like saying we do not need road laws. Of course we do. If some drive on the left and others the right and everyone makes up their own rules for intersection we have chaos and harm. Same with not having a plan to deal with a pandemic.

Absolutely, especially when it is still unknown what the long term impacts are. And we do not know the real death count... but this gives an idea (for the US):

Over 300K more "extra" deaths this year.

Which is very different from immune.

So not immune... and nobody knows the long term impacts. But still good news to know the direct short term impacts are not as bad as they could be.

Reply to
Snit

What part escapes you? It doesn't matter if ALL apps are free to use, they require a physical presence to do the job and that part isn't free. That means translating from one source and writing it to another source. Get it?

Reply to
Hawk