OT: Blackberry & Carrier advice sought

I'm looking for some advice on buying a Blackberry and selecting a carrier. Any tips, warnings, and suggestions will be appreciated. (I'm also looking for advice on other newsgroups or boards where I could post this request.)

BLACKBERRY MODEL I'd like to get a Blackberry that will enable me to:

**make cell phone calls **send and receive emails on 3 AOL accounts **allow me to open and read MS Word docs attached to some emails **surf the web

I'm interested in a Blackberry because I've seen folks use them. I've heard that a Treo might have the same functionality, but don't know that for sure. So I'd be interested in info on that, too.

I'll be buying this device as an individual and will be on my own when it comes to tech support--my technical aptitude (and patience) is limited, so please keep that in mind.

So what Blackberry model (or Treo) would you suggest?

CARRIER SUGGESTION I've done some initial research and as I understand it, there are some carriers that do a pretty good job with voice, but their data capabilities frustrate users--T Mobile, since October 2004, apparently.

I live in Denver, CO and travel a lot for work. Usually to CA, TX, IL, OH, NV,--urban areas.

I'm looking for a carrier that has good coverage for voice and data in those states. I'm also looking for a carrier that offers a plan that (for a fee, sigh) provides free long distance and no roaming charges. I've been using AT&T Wireless, but I've had problems getting a signal and with voice quality since last spring--though that may be due to an aging and possibly damaged cell phone.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!

Surf

Reply to
Surfwospam