OT - American politics

On Wed, 01 Mar 2017 14:15:54 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Well, he was a man who wanted to run for president, won the republican nomination, and then won the presidency. He put his money where his mouth is, unlike the majority of celebrities who swore they'd leave the country if Trump won! Did any of them actually leave?
--
Maggie

In particular this year - we've been breaking records left and right. About 42F again today - cool and rainy - definitely NOT cold. (here in Central Ontario)
On 03/01/2017 09:11 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

You're doing better than Calgary. It's 16 now, supposed to get up to 36 tomorrow.
On Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 11:21:04 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:

You seem to think a certain TV reality star is hot stuff and liked his viewpoints from day one.
On Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 12:58:46 AM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:

By this time Obama had his economic stimulus package through Congress and signed into law. King Trump is spending his "honeymoon" arguing about the size of his election win, arguing about the size of his crowd, making an ass of himself with the immigration ban, going to war with the media, pissing off allies like the Australian PM.
On Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 10:45:04 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

+1
Trump still is the same man, but he put on a good act, covering it up last night. But, he'd done it before. People said the same thing when he gave his speech at the convention, that didn't last.
On 3/1/2017 2:40 PM, trader_4 wrote:

WRONG! The man he was last night is the man he was during the campaign is the man he was before he got the nomination .... etc.
--
Maggie

On Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 10:34:16 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:

ROFL. Trump wasn't even the same man hours before the speech. It's true Trump is still Trump, and the loony tunes side will be back with us shortly. Enjoy the brief intermission in sanity.
On 3/1/2017 2:38 PM, trader_4 wrote:

Maybe you need it broken down in simpler terms for you?
Imagine ... a man ... he's a son, a brother, a father, a businessman, a husband, a sport's fan, an alpha male, likes sarcasm, is a practical joker, feels pain at someone elses loss... etc....
They are all the same man, but you don't see all he is every time he speaks.
--
Maggie

On 2/28/2017 9:59 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Many people have an opinion of Trump from clips and sound bites and what the press has said about him. His campaigning style was like a pet rally and not full of substance. I've heard prepared speeches of his and read his proposals and they are quite sensible.
On 3/1/2017 7:13 AM, Frank wrote:

People will only understand what they make the extra effort to understand.
--
Maggie

On 3/1/2017 11:29 AM, Muggles wrote:

Many people do not think for themselves and put their trust in others opinions not considering they may be biased.
On 3/1/2017 12:16 PM, Frank wrote:

I think it's the old herd mentality. It's easier to follow than to stand out on your own. If you do the latter, you risk being seen and when people see you, that means they can attack you as a group.
pfffffffft! I can't stand bullies like that.
--
Maggie

On Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 8:13:25 AM UTC-5, Frank wrote:

Of course those video clips and sound bites of Trump were the real Trump, him in his own words and actions. Whether declaring McCain to be no war hero, smearing MExican illegals as a bunch of rapists, or mocking a disabled reporter's disabilities. The prepared speeches are written by speech writers. His written proposals? What would those be? Other than the usual vague campaign BS, he has no proposals. Perhaps you can show us the one on replacing Obamacare? Trump: "It will be tremendous. Lower deductibles, lower premiums, coverage for all" Is that what you call a proposal? And just yesterday, Trump told a bunch of governors, "who would have thought healthcare could be so complicated". Doh!
Per trader_4:

Call me a cynic, but my reaction when hearing that quote was "Just about everybody with an IQ above room temperature who had thought about the subject for more than 20 minutes."...
--
Pete Cresswell

Or even 20 seconds. Or anyone who has has any experience with ANY government health care system - even the best. Or anyone working in health care, or married to someone who is - - -
On 2/28/2017 9:59 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I'm sure it must be driving Trader insane.
On Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 1:20:12 PM UTC-5, Meanie wrote:

Not at all. He did the same thing with his convention speech. Everyone said, wow, there's a whole new Trump. Within hours, the very next morning, he called a news conference to attack Ted Cruz and his father, all over again, including the lunacy about the JFK assassination. I have confidence that the real buffoon is still with us.
On 3/1/2017 3:53 PM, trader_4 wrote:

No, you will simply find the negative regardless of how well someone does. Whining is your forte.
On 02/28/2017 06:59 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

That is because during the campaign you listened to American Pravda. Think of there stuff as "weaponize print". Not to borrow their phraseology, but American Pravda are truly "Enemies of the People".
This time you got to actually listen to him. Night and day difference.