ot, Advice to make extra money?

I am needing advice on how a person could make extra money o=ADn the side. I have an office day job, ehich limits my time somewhat.

I have a small garage with welders and things. I like buildi=ADng things.

I have about 4 acres I live on.

I would love to manufacture somethign I could sell on ebay o=ADr somehthing. I had an idea to make some antennas to sell for =ADham radios but generally was told it would not work form other hams.

Thought about growing a huge garden and selling at the farme=ADrs market. But I dont have a tractor or alot of equipment and this did =ADnot seem very profitable.

ANy ideas? I am not lookign to get rich but want to but some=AD money asside for "future emergencies" that may occur. Maybe even a=AD spouse leaving or something. (I dont expect that to happen but I ha=ADve seen it happen to other men in my family and it financially ruined t=ADhe men.)

Last year my wife had thoughts of leaving and it scared me. =ADEverything id fine now but I am just scared.

Anyway, I appreciate any advice I could get on fun ways to m=ADake a little extra cash.

Reply to
stryped

Meth labs don't take up much space; but you need to be careful about cops and chemicals. If you are in Nevada, you could get a brothel license.

Reply to
Matt

Those were not exactly what I had in mind.

Reply to
stryped

Hmmmmm. Ok then, here are 9 other ideas that are fun ways to make a little extra cash!

  1. Open a chinese restaraunt (This has an added bonus - if the old lady threatens to leave again, you can make her into chop suey!)
  2. Drive-ins are making a comeback, and you have enough land for a really nice one.
  3. Go cart tracks can be fun and profitable.
  4. Many people have made millions by opening a bowling alley.
  5. If you have any large rivers running through your property, you could build a dam, generate electricity, and sell it back to the grid.
  6. Subdivide the land, and sell 5000 10'x10' house lots.
  7. Dig a hole to Australia, install a tram, and open a travel service that guarantees 2 minute round trips between the US and Australia!
  8. Rent your land to a junk dealer. Nothing thrills neighbors like acres of rusty cars!
  9. You could open a shady rest cemetary.
Reply to
Matt

  1. Auction off a body part like maybe your left testicle or something on Ebay ???
Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

Go to a nearby store. Look around at all the things that you wish you had, but that cost too much. Make those, and you will find out WHY they cost so much.

Reply to
Goedjn

Even though your office job may limit the amount of time you can spend doing something else there is a demand for home repairs and the like.

What you are going to have to do is first decide on the kind of work that you can and are able to do then you will have to let people know that you are open for business. I don't know how far you want to take this "side" business but regardless you should have a business plan. You need to scope your immediate and local area and find out how best to get your customers.

Believe me I live in an older, historic area which means the houses are more than 100 years old which means that there is always some kind of repair that needs to be done. You should also tap into that market that doesn't have the time or the knowledge to repair their own things.

Rose

Basics 101!

Reply to
Rose

Can you be cheap ? I mean only charge like $5 to walk out to your garage and waste a few minutes chitt chatting.

Welding, lots of people need something small welded yet when they go to or call a welding shop the minimum charge gives them sticker shock big time. Figure out how/where to advertise your handy dandy welding services and spell it out you're cheap on small stuff and they'll beat a path to your door.... Most people have a problem with the fact that it takes a long time for a new endeavor to build business volume. Things start so slow they give up easily - gotta advertise and actually promote yourself over a long time even if its those hateful bulletin board and door fliers to build up your small part time business.

I have a small garage with welders and things. I like buildi­ng things.

I have about 4 acres I live on.

I would love to manufacture somethign I could sell on ebay o­r somehthing. I had an idea to make some antennas to sell for ­ham radios but generally was told it would not work form other hams.

Thought about growing a huge garden and selling at the farme­rs market. But I dont have a tractor or alot of equipment and this did ­not seem very profitable.

ANy ideas? I am not lookign to get rich but want to but some­ money asside for "future emergencies" that may occur. Maybe even a­ spouse leaving or something. (I dont expect that to happen but I ha­ve seen it happen to other men in my family and it financially ruined t­he men.)

Last year my wife had thoughts of leaving and it scared me. ­Everything id fine now but I am just scared.

Anyway, I appreciate any advice I could get on fun ways to m­ake a little extra cash.

Reply to
bumtracks