Old Solder

I use a propane torch with an igniter head on it. I've done 1 inch pipe with it for years.

Reply to
HeatMan

Heh.

A MAPP (MPS) cylinder instead of propane indeed makes soldering pipe a lot easier.

But, propane is still perfectly adequate for larger than 1/2" (at least to 1") if you can visually establish that the solder is melting properly - with proper technique, you don't get solder melting at all unless the pipe gets hot enough to do the job right. Just takes longer.

Reply to
Chris Lewis

White bread good. Multi-grain Stone-ground bad.

Reply to
Goedjn

It's what happens when you use a 1/2" pencil torch without realizing that there's a 1 1/4" jumbo-torch head.

Reply to
Goedjn