Nail guns

the "Paslode framing nailer plus" has my vote for best framing gun it shoots clipped head or full round head (paper strip) nails. and has a nice hook on the end to hang it on framing lumber. owned it for 16 years and it is still going strong.

Reply to
wildo

That sound more like a "brad nailer". Bostich shows "true headless" pinners with lengths only up to 1-3/16" long. Brad nailers shoot brads that are much longer that have tiny heads.

Reply to
Leon

I have accumulated about ten Sencos (staplers and brad nailers) over many years. Senco was an originator of this genre of tools. Many of the Johnny Come Lately brands seem to have joined the party when Senco's patents expired. Senco does have an active repair and parts service business. If this is important to you, you will be able to keep your tools operating for years to come. I have absolutely no connection to the brand.

Joe G

SBH wrote:

Reply to
joseph.golaine

I have accumulated about ten Sencos (staplers and brad nailers) over many years. Senco was an originator of this genre of tools. Many of the Johnny Come Lately brands seem to have joined the party when Senco's patents expired. Senco does have an active repair and parts service business. If this is important to you, you will be able to keep your tools operating for years to come. I have absolutely no connection to the brand.

Joe G

SBH wrote:

Reply to
joseph.golaine

Reply to
joseph.golaine

Yes, if my Senco siding nailer is any measure, they need a great parts pipeline. I did buy an O-ring kit, but haven't installed it (done with the siding job).

Reply to
krw

Nail guns are dangerous tools. I would not own one of them. They truely are GUNS and they can kill. The best use for a nail gun is to sell it to a recycler to turn back into raw steel to make hammers.

Buy a decent hammer, and buy some (much cheaper) nails.

Reply to
someone

Silly you. Guns don't kill - bullets do.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

This has got to be a troll.

Reply to
CW

P L E A S E, If you feel that way, stay out of the garage.

Reply to
Leon

I have used a hammer for the past almost 60 years and aside from hitting my thumb a few times, I have never been injured. I could not count the number of incidences I have heard about people getting severely injured with nail guns. Nail guns are dangerous tools, and they are costly to use because of the high cost of the nails and the amount of energy needed to operate them. If you are too weak to operate a hammer, or just too damn lazy to use your muscles, I suggest that YOU stay out of the garage. Nailguns may save a few minutes of time, but the cost to operate them exceeds the extra cost of labor to do it with a plain hammer. This does not even take into account the medical bills, pain, and loss of work time encountered when you shoot yourself or another employee with one of those goddamn guns. It's not "if" you'll get shot with one of them, it's "WHEN". Besides this, hand hammered nails hold much better than nailgun nails, which is why guys that use nailguns almost always put twice the amount of nails that they would use by hand. Nail guns should have never been invented, and those that use them should be required by law to be certified and licensed prior to using them, because it's often someone else that that gets shot by them.

Reply to
someone

Those who use the word "troll" are the REAL trolls. Your post is off topic and a waste of bandwidth.

  • PLONK *
Reply to
someone

" They truely are GUNS and they can kill. The best use for a nail gun is to

Phooey, do you have an automobile?

Walt Conner

Reply to
WConner

I know!

I saw "Happy Gilmore"!

Reply to
B A R R Y

I was thinking of one of the Lethal Weapon movies.

Reply to
Upscale

Reply to
Arvid Sorsdahl

Guns just make 'em go faster.

Reply to
krw

I know someone who put a nail in his eye.

Baloney. The cost of *my* energy and time is far more.

If you're too stupid to use a nail gun, I suggest you stay in bed.

Utter nonsense. That must be why carpenters use nail guns now. It costs them more money.

You *are* a fool. Ever hear of coated nails? Ever see a board split when you whack it with a hammer/nail?

You must be a Democrat.

Reply to
krw

Statistics and source please? Didn't think so.

I'll give up my nailgun when they pry the nails out of my cold dead hand.

Reply to
J. Clarke

It's called LAZINESS. Todays American youth are all the laziest motherfuckers in all of history. They waste huge amounts of money to offset their laziness and they are the biggest energy wasters on earth. Then they wonder why they are all fat and spend their entire lives when off work, in front of their tv and computer, or on their cellphones. I might be old, but I know how to do honest work without destroying the atmosphere to power all these electrical toys. I'd be happy to teach any of these youth what a REAL MAN is all about, but not one of them would be willing to get off their lazy ass to learn. I'd be willing to put money on the fact that i can place nails with a hammer as fast as any nailgun, if I want to. But since I strive for accuracy and quality work, I would not be willing to try.

There is a factory in a nearby town that manufactures these pre-fab homes, and almost every week there is someone in the newspaper that is injured by a nailgun. At least one mam has died in the past. Yeah, cars and power saws can be dangerous, but they are safe if handled properly. Nailguns can and do misfire, and thats when accidents happen. You can NOT be safe enough with them. Sooner or later, one of them is going to misfire and injure or kill the user or another person. Just like a rifle, anything that shoots an object under high pressure are the most dangerous devices known to man. I personally consider a nailgun far more dangerous than a rifle. Rifles are generally loaded and shot as intended, and the number of shots per day are minimal. Nailguns are taken for granted, and fired thousands of times in one day. Thats when accidents happen. One jammed nail and someone is likely to get hurt or killed. I wont even go near someone using one of them. I once had a friend ask me to help him with some home repairs. When I got there he was using a nailgun. I told him that if he wanted my help, he'd have to turn that thing off, or I would go back home. He seemed to have the attitude that building without a nailgun was not possible. I proved him wrong.

Reply to
someone