is there a noise canceling headphone, not music.

FWIW I've found they lessen the sound of normal conversation just as much.

And when I'd drive the car with the top down over 65mph, the wind noise was annoying, so I'd use the foam plugs, bu tthen I coudln't hear the radio. and I'd have to turn it up until it was blaring away. When I pulled up to a toll booth, I wonder what the toll taker thought of me. Plus I learned it was illegal to drive with earplugs. Now I just stay under 65 and the noise is much less.

Reply to
Micky

If that's dishonest, what do you think about Obama trying to confuse people with his BS, like his new creation of "jobs created or saved"? How does one count jobs saved, something never done before and that no economist has ever attempted?

Or how about counting wetbacks, caught and pushed right back over the Mexican border as a "deportation", something else that's never been done before.

Are those dishonest too?

Reply to
trader_4

You just had to go political, didn't you?

Why?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Because I wanted to see if Micky's standards are consistent. You just had to reply, didn't you? Why? For the record, the topic has nothing at all to do with home repair to begin with.

Reply to
trader_4

I think you should stick to headphones when the topic is headphones, and that I don't want to have to track down whether your claims are true or not. It's just as likely that the sources you read are lying as it is that the Obama admin. is.

trying to confuse

Reply to
Micky

For some reason, I was trying to be conciliatory, but as soon as I pushed Send, I regretted it. I think it's a lot more likely the sources you reed are lying. Lying has been the stock in trade of conservatives over the past few years. What makes Trump unusual is that his lies are so easy to catch and contradict. Half of what makes him arrogant is that he lies so blatently.

I could spend hours on the web and not know who was telling the truth on your two topics (so don't bother to post links. I won't know whether they are true or not).

But because of this, I've never commented on job creation numbers or deportation numbers. So there's no way bringing up those topics will help to find any inconsistency in my posting.

Reply to
Micky

I think you'll actually regret this post even more, because you're going to be taken to the woodshed again. It's also probative that instead of checking the facts, really easy to do here, you jump to the conclusion of who's lying. Nice, real nice.

What makes Trump unusual is

Right, Obama is much more accomplished and skillful at it.

Funny you claim to have figured out that Reagan didn't deliver most of his promises. Given what you just demonstrated here, I see how that happens. How hard is it to use Google? Is it broken?

"Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says

Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson acknowledged Tuesday that his depar tment's deportation numbers are now mostly made up of illegal immigrants ca ught at the border, not just those from the interior, which means they can' t be compared one-to-one with deportations under President Bush or other pr ior administrations.

The administration has argued it is tougher on illegal immigration than pre vious presidents, and immigrant-rights groups have excoriated President Oba ma, calling him the "deporter-in-chief" for having kicked out nearly 2 mill ion immigrants during his five-year tenure.

But Republican critics have argued those deportation numbers are artificial ly inflated because more than half of those being deported were new arrival s, caught at the border by the U.S. Border Patrol. Previous administrations primarily counted only those caught in the interior of the U.S. by U.S. Im migration and Customs Enforcement.

"Under the Obama administration, more than half of those removals that were attributed to ICE are actually a result of Border Patrol arrests that woul dn't have been counted in prior administrations," said Rep. John Culberson, Texas Republican.

"Correct," Mr. Johnson confirmed.

That would mean that in a one-to-one comparison with the final years of the Bush administration, deportations of those same people under Mr. Obama had actually fallen, according to immigration analysts who have studied the da ta.

See, not hard to find at all. Is Jeh Johnson lying?

I see, because you prefer to remain ignorant on major issues where Obama is lying to you, well, it just don't matter. Go figure.

For the "jobs saved" fiction, just show us *one* example where this "statistic" was ever used prior to the Obama administration. Anyone here who's followed jobs reports, economic reports over the years, knows that no one ever used it, it was totally made up by the Obama administration. Here's a simple test. Google "jobs created". You'll find all kinds of hits, to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the govt body that tabulates it monthly, for example. You'll find economists, discussing them. Now google "jobs saved" and you'll find nothing of any economic relevance. BLS doesn't track it, never has. It is a pure BS, fraudulent number, created by team Obama to pull the wool over your eyes. It's obvious a total BS number because obviously you could give $10 mil in aid to a city, then claim that you somehow saved, 50, 100, 1000 jobs. Pick your number. In other words, it's a clear example of BS marketing, designed to fool.

Reply to
trader_4

[...]

Does anyone know where I put my noise cancelling eyeglasses?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Have you ever used ANC headsets? They are the cat's meow. On the plane they get rid of almost all the backround noise, yet allow someone to talk to you with no problem.. (and that's not using them as headphones - just as noise stoppers)

Reply to
clare

The ANC headphones filter out "steady state" noise but still let speach and "sound anomolies" through. What they do is listen to the backround noise and generate a "counter-wave" - sound of inverse amplitude - to cancel it out. Unpredictable sound, like speach, does not get cancelled. I'd much rather have the pilot, or be the pilot - wearing ANC headset than not because the small amplitude "sound anomolies" don't get drowned out by the backround noise. The pilot can actually hear much better with the ANC on.

Reply to
clare

snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo posted for all of us...

With himself?

Reply to
Tekkie®

The correct term for what the OP is searching for is SNC - for Active Noise Cancelling.

The non-electronic units can still be called "noise cancelling" but they are Passive - or PNC devices. A real PNC has audio engineering that traps certain frequencies while passing others. (and are nowhere near as effective and user friendly as an ANC headset)

Reply to
clare

Per T:

Also - and perhaps the best solution - you can order "Custom Molded Earplugs" for about ten bucks. Looks to me like basically a tube goop that you work into each ear and let firm up to form the "Custom-Molded" earplugs.

With earphones added, that's what the professional rock musicians use to avoid going any more nerve deaf than they already are.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)