how to add a ground wire to my two wire house?

Do I have to rewire my whole house or can I just add ground wire to each outlet?

Reply to
torino

You can run a ground wire from the outlets to the grounding bar in the service panel.

Reply to
RBM

A simpler solution would be to use GFCI's, because in most cases, it's difficult to run the wire.

Reply to
trader4

If you have armored cable you may be able to use the metal armor as a ground. If you are going through the trouble of running a ground wire it usually makes sense to just replace the old wires with new romex.

Reply to
Dante

I thought I saw a post on another electrical question that said all the wires had to be in the same sheathing or something to that effect. But I may be mis-remembering it, and I'm not an electrician.

Reply to
Kitep

You probably did, and they do. This is an NEC approved method of adding a ground to circuits which were installed before grounding outlets were used

Reply to
RBM

Before offering this advice, might want to ask OP some questions. Like Why? Is this for electronic equipment? Then they should have a ground.

What is the wiring type? AC/BX? This might be a quick fix.

Best answer with more information, get an electrician to check your whole system, the answer might be very easy.

tom @

Just Joshin

oh god, here we go again.

Reply to