How long to recharge

A harder question since I don't know how much the starter motor on a

50cc scooter draws:

How long does it take a 1 amp charger to recharge what is removed from the battery after cranking for 1 minute?

Same question but for a 2/10 amp charger when on the 2 amp setting?

When on the 10 amp setting?**

Reply to
Micky

If the starter draws 20 amps for 1 minute it will take 20 minutes to replaxce the charge at 1 amp charge rate You need to know what current is being drawn and what current the charger is putting in - which has very little to do with what size the charger is.

Reply to
clare

And if he's cranking for 1 minute, time to get the engine fixed. Starters don't take nearly as much out of a battery as some people think, assuming the engine starts normally. Even a car size starter today is on the order of

1000W and only cranks for a couple seconds.
Reply to
trader_4

It often doesn't engage, but it only takes me a second or 2 to notice that. I release the button and within a time or two more it engages. After that, it starts if it's going to in 5 or 10 seconds. Once almost immediately.

Reply to
Micky