hot water heater

C'mon now. Either you're puttin' me on or we're not on the same web page at Harbor Freight. The fourth line of that page reads:

"Includes double-insulated leads"

(Might be you need to avail yourself of one of my wife's businesses....:)

Jeff

-

Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Jeff Wisnia

If you already have hot water, why do you need a heater? ;-)

Reply to
PhotoMan

Jud: I have the digital clamp meter. The clamp part work on just AC to measure amps. You can measure D.C. volts with the included test leads, but it won't measure low voltages very acurately. For more accurate measurment of AC and DC volts and resistance you could get the P30756 digital meter which sells on sale for $3.99. I find that I use the latter frequently for all sorts of things such as checking batteries, house voltage, continuity, etc. I don't have much use for the clamp meter except in checking motor current. Note also, you put the clamp around just one lead, so you can't measure current in a cable with two leads or a normal extension cord. I bought a short extension cord and then removed a section of the outer insulation so I could separate the leads for measuring the current draw of various appliances.

BTW, you don't need anything more fancy that a test light to find the problem in a water heater.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

No, same page, my failure to read all of the details again.

Thanks for all of the help.

Replace you know what by j to email

Reply to
Jud McCranie

I'm not sure what you mean.

"Tonight our electric hot water heater was giving no hot water at all"

Replace you know what by j to email

Reply to
Jud McCranie

Shipping and handling is almost $10, though, and that is by a slow method. :-(

Replace you know what by j to email

Reply to
Jud McCranie

I have a decent meter with leads for that.

I hadn't thought about that, but yes it makes sense. Thank you. Replace you know what by j to email

Reply to
Jud McCranie

You said, you have a hot water heater..

There is no such thing.

There is a water heater that heats colder water to hot....but why would you want to heat already hot water, IE, a hot water heater?

Reply to
*CBHVAC*

CB maybe you had a hard day but people still refer refigators as ICE Boxes ,,, I do , remove " Hot" from water heater and we live . Right ? Tomaetoe or tomaa toe

Reply to
m Ransley

Umm..yea...but its a trade joke, since you wont hear plumbers talking about HOT water heaters...water heaters, yes...not hot water heaters...when you hear that at a supply store, the old timers always ask why you need to reheat already hot water...

Reply to
*CBHVAC*

Gawd! And I thought *I* was giving his a hard time!

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

OK, "hot" is redundant. But I did a search, and they are often called "hot water heaters" by people other than me.

Replace you know what by j to email

Reply to
Jud McCranie

One good friend of mine used to say "Danger Will Robinson" and I had to ask what that meant. It was from an old science fiction program on TV where the robot would say "Danger Will Robinson" when the little boy was about to do something dangerous.

It sounds like the fellow is working on something well out of his skill range, and I'll get to say "Danger Jill Robinson" if he continues to work on it.....

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I got an ammeter from Harbor Fright a couple years back. Came with a set of leads. Digital readout. Cost me about $15, if memory serves. I'm sure it's not a test insturment, but it's good enough for most work.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Free shipping if order over fifty bucks.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Robby off Lost in Space...would you like a series run down?

Jill??

Reply to
*CBHVAC*

Yeah, Jill.....the other half or that team that went up the hill. Gotta observe the ERA and give her equal time ya' know.

Also used in the expression "Jilling off", my favored term describing frminine m*********on.

The best I can say for the ERA is that the women's movement claimed pay toilet stalls were discriminatory so they pretty much disappeared about twenty years ago. I've encountered a few ccin locks to let you into the restroom proper, but nary a pay stall in quite a while.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Yes, but they still grab a few bucks for "handling"....(There's no free lunch, is there?)

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia