Home Listing in Palm Bay, FL - What the ?!

"2 Bed, 2 Bath Pool Home on .50 Acre Lot. 1252 Sq. Ft. Under Air. Built in 1985. 2 Car Garage. Your chance to Own a 1/2 Acre Lot with a Pool! Great Starter home. Buyers are responsible to turn on and pay for electric. No water or gas will be provided for safety reasons. Sold As-Is, Cash Only, Non-Financeable.Use Lynn directly as your Realtor and if you are Military or Law enforcement, she will pay up to 1% of sales price towards the Buyer's closing cost.Click here for 435 Cremona Ave MLS LinkVisit:

for more details and Broker contact information. We have more pictures available also. She has Foreclosures as well as several other properties! "

See anything that makes your eyeballs pop out? Personally I'm getting a liiiitle thirsty...

Reply to
thekmanrocks

"2 Bed, 2 Bath Pool Home on .50 Acre Lot. 1252 Sq. Ft. Under Air. Built in 1985. 2 Car Garage. Your chance to Own a 1/2 Acre Lot with a Pool! Great Starter home. Buyers are responsible to turn on and pay for electric. No water or gas will be provided for safety reasons. Sold As-Is, Cash Only, Non-Financeable. directly as your Realtor and if you are Military or Law enforcement, she will pay up to 1% of sales price towards the Buyer's closing cost.Click here for 435 Cremona Ave MLS LinkVisit:

for more details and Broker contact information. We have more pictures available also. She has Foreclosures as well as several other properties!"

See anything that makes your eyeballs pop out? Personally I'm feeling a liiiiitle thirsty...

Reply to
thekmanrocks

I would think so, if they're going to own it. I tried to get the guy who sold me my house to pay for my electricity, but the selfish sob woudln't do it.

No water? Provided? So normally one gets a supply of water and gas when buying a house? Or you can never have water? Can you have it trucked in. A friend told me today about a pizza parlor in California that had water flown in from NYS, for better pizzas.

They may be talking about during the sales period, but they don't say it. On the web there is plenty of room for details.

Palm Bay is in Brevard County near Cape Canaveral

Reply to
micky

My guess is they are not hooked up to the water and it is on the street, with a requirement that the water be hooked up. Typically when they put water and sewer in they condemn the well and septic. Water and sewer can easily cost $20k just for the connection..

The gas connection is not required but they are saying they are not including it. The normal Florida sales contract will include having all utilities available before closing. They are pointing out this will not be part of this "as is" foreclosure sale. On this kind of sale you also want a title search before you even get serious about looking at the house. There may be a lot of bad paper attached to it. Even if none of the liens are collectible, they still clutter up the title and it can be expensive to get rid of them in a "quiet title" action.

Reply to
gfretwell

Yeah, THIS:

WTF? I assume that is/was the pool. If so, that explains the comment about water not being provided for safety reasons.

Reply to
Moe DeLoughan

I've found "no water will be provided for safety reasons" in ads for homes in the area with no pool.

Reply to
J Burns

Now that you mention it, I wonder if that's standard boilerplate for foreclosures. I've heard so many stories of people expressing their displeasure with losing their home by pouring cement down the main sewer line and ripping fixtures out of walls. I suppose if the bank suspects damage has been done to the plumbing, they're not gonna take a chance by turning on the water.

Reply to
Moe DeLoughan

Looks like a home made pool heater. You don't empty pools here so I am not sure what the safety issue is. I still bet there is a city water pipe in the street that is not connected and you need to connect. Big buck$

Reply to
gfretwell

I didn't see a pool. BTW in Florida an unfenced pool is illegal and code enforcement will make you do something about it. After Charley, there were lots of those orange plastic work fences around because the screen cage was gone.

Reply to
gfretwell

You know, the house looks okay,

but I don't think I could take the music all the time.

What are those 2x4's above the pool?

Reply to
micky

OK I see the pool. I thought that was a solar collector.

The structure over the pool is the "fence". That is the way the county enforces the fence rule on foreclosures. They build a floor over it covered with fence wire to keep the babies out and window screen to hold down the mosquitoes The first thing they will have to do is build a fence or bump out the screen cage using compliant doors and a pool alarm on the house side.

I doubt this has anything to do with "water" and the house looks like it was given a rehab so I doubt the pipes are bad. It may be on a failed septic system tho.

I suppose you could poke around a little and see if there is a new water/sewer system that they are not connected to. I would start by looking for utility liens there or at a nearby neighbor. You might find news stories if this was an unpopular project like they did in Cape Coral.

Reply to
gfretwell

I think you hit the nail.

Reply to