Hi I'm Wayne

New here. Just learning how to use this program. How do u ignore threads in Thunderbird?
Wayne
On 03/28/2017 12:08 PM, Wayne Tracker wrote:

Up on top where it says "message" you will see your options .
Though you have the choice to ignore threads and sub-threads I personally find it more useful to use the "create filter" option to completely eliminate all posts made by those you deem as trolls.
You will soon find out who they are so I do not have to give you the list. Basically anyone who has never given any actual home repair advice, but is quick to give out insults, gets put in my kill file.
Between posts actually dealing with home repair, a lot of us kill time by talking politics. Most of those here (especially myself) don't know what the hell we are talking about. From what I've seen the only person who, politically has an actual brain is Kurt V. Ullman. I've learned a lot by reading his posts.
On 3/28/17 1:23 PM, philo wrote:

Blush. Why thank you. It is always nice to hear from a fan. (grin).
On 03/28/2017 12:49 PM, Kurt V. Ullman wrote:

You know that I usually post a bunch of sarcastic stuff so could have been fooling...but in truth, you have really done a lot of damn good explaining.
Most of the people here ...especially myself...when it comes to politics, just post whatever pops into our minds without really thinking. Maybe that's why I can't stand Trump...he's just as big an idiot as I am !
I should have mentioned though, that most of the people here who I do not get along with politically, when it comes to on-topic items are really quite bright.
Just the other day I was given top-rate advice on home insurance.
On 3/28/2017 1:23 PM, philo wrote:

Good advice and what about me?
On 03/28/2017 01:37 PM, Frank wrote:

Off hand, I don't think I recall anything bad...
Maybe I need some hints....

I've been using Xnews for years on this Win7 machine, but in the last few months it's gone bonkers. For instance, I've gotten every post in this thread twice, my 'plonk' (kill file) no longer works, and refresh headers is not working correctly. A reinstall didn't help, not did tweaking the .ini file. Xnews still works fine on my XP machine, but of course, Xnews came out around when XP did, and really hasn't been updated much since.
I use Thunderbird on my Win10 machine. How can I get TB to expand a thread when I click on the original post (not the little right facing triangle? And how can I get a thread to collapse when I click on another post? That's what I really liked about Xnews.
TIA

O geez. I just realized the original post was almost two months old. I've got to trash this Xnews.
On 5/21/2017 4:09 PM, Boris wrote:

I don't think you can.
On Sun 21 May 2017 04:41:25p, Ed Pawlowski told us...

I'm still using Xnews on my Win10 PC. No problems.

On 3/28/17 1:08 PM, Wayne Tracker wrote:

Everyone should know that "Wayne Tracker" is/was an e-mail alias used by our new Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson. His middle name is Wayne.
http://www.businessinsider.com/rex-tillerson-exxon-email-climate-change-schneiderman-2017-3
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-03-17/exxon-says-some-wayne-tracker-emails-may-have-been-lost
On 03/28/2017 01:17 PM, Retired wrote:

I assumed the post was not a serious one but as to Wayne Tracker... that flew right over my head.
Pretty funny!!!

Welcome. Don't get discouraged by all the off-topic political garbage - .. just try to ignore it. or have fun with it. As for NewsReaders - I use Agent - simple & bug free. It's so easy to ignore the garbage - just don't click on it ! .. I've never used the filters. John T.
On 03/28/2017 04:38 PM, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

Turns out he just posted as a joke

Click on the "Thunderbird" link in the left menu.
nb
Wayne Tracker submitted this idea :

Don't use T-Bird. You want a good reader, get mesnews.