fridge shorted out?

I was removing the switch for the light in my GE fridge (about 10 years old) and neglected to unplug it first. I got a large pop and spark before as I tried to remove it and now the fridge won't run. I checked the circuit breaker and it hadn't tripped but I reset it anyway. I turned the fridge and freezer up to the coldest setting and it wouldn't start running. Is it completely dead or can it be fixed?

Reply to
specksynder

It was working fine until I messed with the fridge light switch. You think that would affect my electrical wall outlet?

Reply to
specksynder

This is Turtle.

Yes , It can be fixed. Try to make sure the plug in for the fridge is still good for it can be a plug of the fridge or in the receptical and not in the fridge.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

"specksynder" was wondering, so asked the question:

Well, you can find out by plugging your fridge into an extension cord that is plugged into a different outlet...

Jube

Reply to
Jubilation T. Cornpone

This is Turtle.

Any kind of a short of the electricity can burn a plug in.

Get a lamp and plug it in the receptical the refrigerator was using and see if it has good power to it. Also do you think that something costing 99 cents at walmarts can take a hit of a 100 amps or more when it shorts out and still be good. Think about it.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE