Fire chief broke into a neighbor’s home wearing a ski mask and carrying a knife

Illinois ? Chicago Ridge deputy fire chief was being held on $150,000 bond after prosecutors alleged that he broke into a neighbor?s home wearing a ski mask and carrying a knife.

Gary Swiercz, 49, of the 8100 block of West 168th Place in Tinley Park, has been charged with attempted murder, home invasion, aggravated unlawful restraint, aggravated attempted criminal sexual assault and residential burglary, authorities said.

Swiercz allegedly broke into the home of a woman in his condo building early Saturday while wearing a ski mask and carrying a folding knife. He also had duct tape, rope, a sex toy and lubricant, Assistant State?s Attorney Dan Calandriello said in court.

I wonder what his plan was? :)

-- Stephanie: What did you do today? Leonard Hofstadter: Well, I'm a physicist, so I just thought about stuff. Stephanie: That's it? Leonard Hofstadter: I wrote some of it down.

Reply to
Metspitzer

He'll probably ask for leniency since he had a lubricant.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

It's Illinois. The government does it to their residents every day, without the lubricant. Government, like the mob, doesn't like competition.

Reply to
krw

I believe it was to "lubricate some squeaky hinges. He just wanted to be an anonymous benefactor..

Reply to
Attila Iskander

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Was he wearing any clothes?

Reply to
PeterD

"Metspitzer" wrote

To go skiing. But in snow country sometimes you need to chip away at the ice, so this is where the knife comes in handy.

Reply to
David Kaye

Metspitzer posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

With all due respect to the victim. He was putting her fire out?

This is a normal day there isn't it - in regards to crime...

Reply to
Tekkie®