Well, thanks everyone, but as it turns out we decided not to figure out
why the gauge isn't working. Turns out it really isn't important after
But, we did decide that since there were three other working gauges, we
should swap the wiring between the one that isn't working, and one that
is, to help us troubleshoot the problem. I asked my boss if the result
of this could be that we end up with 2 gauges that don't work - he told
me 'shut up kid' and 'get with the program'.
Also, he told me: 'multiple failures would have to occur in multiple
systems for the worst-case scenario to come true'. Also that: 'Bottom
line is we've performed a lot of analysis and understanding and I think
we're smarter in understanding exactly what we have on the condition
and what we've got with our systems.'
So we have that going for us, which is nice.....
Also, we found some things called 'ground problems' and got rid of
them. I guess they didn't have anything to do with the original
problem, and no one knew about them. I asked my boss if he was kinda
embarrased to find major problems that no one noticed before, while
trying to fix a problem that no one understands - he said: 'Shut up,
kid, get with the program'.
Oh well, I'm just a lowly technician somewhere in NASA. See ya all at
the launch asplosion!!
Oh - Boss said to delete all our email, and shred any that has been
printed. I dunno whats up with that.