Eavestrough dripping - icy stairs

I have poorly installed eavestroughing right above the front stairs to my house. It's too late to go after the builder (I should have had him take care of this a long time ago).

It's probably not the best time of year to correct the problem permanently, so even a temporary solution that would tide me over for this winter would be appreciated.

Ice forms in the eavestrough due to poor design of the troughing. The water just collects and sits at one location (right above my stairs!). Ice forms and then when the sun shines on it water drips onto the stairs and freezes.

Would anyone have recommendations to solve this problem?

BTW, in the summertime water drips down on the stairs at the same location so I know the troughing is screwed up there. . . . The Sig below is automatically inserted by Teranews. I do not endorse their products.

Reply to
RepairNovice

GET IT FIXED IN SPRING! It can be rotting the sheathing and do lots of damage....

so how long have you lived with this?

Reply to
hallerb

I'm ashamed to admit I've been living with this for more than nine years now. :( . . . The Sig below is automatically inserted by Teranews. I do not endorse their products.

Reply to
photoguy

email me a pictutre of the front af the house and tell you the cheapest way to correct the problem without tearing apart the house

Reply to
jmhartle

Novice,

I assume that eaves troughs are roof gutters. Roof gutters should drain. They should drop about 1/2 in. every 10 ft. I bet this wasn't done. You'll need to take down and rehang the gutters come this Spring. I'd check all the gutters

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

Love your tag line. I endorse the web page below my signature.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon